• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: September 5, 2016

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This will technically be the first Raw where Kevin Owens is the Champion. I'm excited to hear the explanation on why HHH decided to turn his back on Seth Rollins and help Owens.

Use this thread to discuss the upcoming Raw.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Haven't been this excited for Raw in a while...well I was excited about Balor's first night as champ until I learned he was injured. Really can't wait to hear what Owens has to say and seeing how his "best friend" Jericho is used. I hope their alliance stays strong for a while haha.

Add to all of that Rollins as a face, and I'm really really stoked.

As I've mentioned before, if HHH is more focused on Rollins and isn't helping Owens constantly, mainly because we've had that so much in recent years. That being said, Owens can take any situation and make it golden.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Complete troll job by Sasha Banks tonight when she announced she's facing Charlotte at Clash of Champions.

But dammit, she scared the crap out of me with that promo. Almost lost it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Sasha thing, I thought, was cringe worthy. It was obvious to me from the minute she sold the back injury at Summerslam and the rumors circulated that the whole thing was a work

thealigator

Registered Member
I loved the opening to the show. I may give WWE flack at times but one things they are very good at is putting a package together and once again they did not fail. The segmant between Foley and Steph was good (though and I know it is very sad to spot this but I did notice on Stephs iPhone it was on the dial screen and not the actual in call screen, little thing but the film critic and indeed geek in me makes me focus on small details). I liked the segment and the confrontation was well done. I am still not sure if I believe Steph about having nothing to do with HHH or if there is MASTER PLAN involved somewhere.

The opening match between Charlotte & Bayley was good though I do wonder, do they carry they wacky inflatable wavy arms every time? That must take a lot of packing. The in ring work was good but the hits to Dana Boobs were so telegraphed it hurt.

The Rollins/Jericho match was decent enough but I really wish Jericho would just go away. He is not funny anymore and honestly I am not sure that he is helping to build Owens up. Owens is doing just fine without him. The match was worth watching but I do think it was simply a means to an end.

The more I see of Seamus and Cesaro the more I am being convinced that both are good workers. I used to heat Seamus but this is making me thing he has potential and Cesaro is looking very good though I really don't understand how the tape is making him all better.

Sami vs Owens was as ever a classic. Both men know how to work and it reminds me of the Benoit/Jericho days. Take Sami and Owens, stick them in match and just watch. It will be good, every single time but Roman? FOR FUCKS SAKE! Do WWE not get he is not wanted?? He needs to be humbled and then and ONLY then put in a title picture, how are they not getting this? It is very basic and very simply storytelling, we need to care about the hero or there is no pay off and right now there is no pay off. Jesus fuck! Are WWE blind or am I the one who is not getting this?

Over all despite not commenting on everything I thought this was a very strong show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Sasha thing, I thought, was cringe worthy. It was obvious to me from the minute she sold the back injury at Summerslam and the rumors circulated that the whole thing was a work
I don't mind at all - I figured the timing was odd because she just got married, so maybe took a little time for a honeymoon and to rest. I'm not sure why dropping the title came into play but oh well. I'm just relieved that she isn't hurt more than I'm cringing.

You wanna talk about cringe worthy? Watch the "Old Day" segment...yikes did that bomb hard
Yeahhhh....haha. I was texting you at first about how it was making me lol during the entrance, but it went on way too long and lost its luster in a major way once the Old Day started talking.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The old person voice cracked me up (because i find that funny haha) but yeah, all downhill from there

Just let these teams fight it out.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The show actually was solid to me until the Old Day segment came about. After that, it got hard to watch until the main event.

I know some would probably blame Gallows & Anderson for the segment bombing but they were just playing the hand they were dealt. Some people in the business claim that Gallows is probably one of the funniest guys in the locker room but they just can't have him do his schtick on TV because it's not PG.

But also, you now have to wonder if it isn't time for The New Day to drop those belts. They're still really over with the crowd but the dynamic in the tag team division needs to change for the best of that division.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My vote is for Gallows and Anderson to win the belts and have Enzo and Cass chase them down and win them at a major PPV