• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: October 17, 2016

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!

EdgeHead

Registered Member
If you haven't marked out during Goldberg's entrance, you just can't have fun watching wrestling again. And to think that some people thought that no one would care about Goldberg and he had one helluva pop.

Looks like it's gonna be a one-night thing for Goldberg but who knows? Sting was also supposed to only do a one-off and we got a bonus match vs Seth Rollins a year ago.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I actually loved seeing the reactions of some of the wrestlers (excuse me, Superstars) as Goldberg was walking through on his way to the ring, especially Backlund at the beginning and the New Day soon after.

That last line about Lesnar being last was perfectly delivered

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The thing is that this might not be Goldberg's last match after all. Apparently, Vince & Triple H were considering having Goldberg wrestle more than one date - including Wrestlemania 33 - if the reactions to Goldberg's return were positive.

And I think that Vince's fears were squashed with the pop Goldberg got.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just don't know how the WWE are going to book Goldberg. His gimmick that made him what he was as always been destroying people in a few minutes. The Goldberg/Lesnar match will not be a squash. And you can have Goldberg go long or people will not be marking out for him much longer.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
But at the same time, you can't just have Lesnar steamroll through everyone because it's gonna make your roster look so much weak. Yeah, Goldberg is 10 years older than Lesnar but I think this would be the best opportunity now for Lesnar to look a bit more human, so-to-speak. But given that they're planning to book Lesnar vs Owens for the Universal Championship for the Royal Rumble, I'm almost positive that Goldberg will do the job to Lesnar.

But hey, if this means Owens beats Lesnar, I can totally live with Goldberg losing at Survivor Series.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was fun to watch:

Brought back some good memories. Man, did Christian ever take some brutal spears. Well done.

The one on La Parka was also deadly.