• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: May 23, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Over the Limit was last night, so Raw should be great. Lots of new storylines should start tonight. I didn't get the chance to watch OTL, so I'm not sure if they did a tribute to Randy Savage. I hope they have one tonight.

Let's use this thread to discuss about Raw.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Gotta love a post PPV show...I might be out eating dinner with family, but I can always catch it online later.

There wasn't a tribute to Savage at all last night (other than CM Punk doing his motion and attempting an elbow drop during the tag title match), so there should be a lot tonight.

I think the next #1 Contender will probably be Del Rio, but it could be a toss up between him and R-Truth IMO.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Truth deserves to be the #1 contender IMO since he beat Mysterio. They should save Del Rio vs Cena for like Summerslam or something like that.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
We will most likely see a new #1 contender named tonight, and the future for Miz set in stone. Also, I believe we will see fallout from Rey/Truth. I don't think last night was the end.

Otherwise, I don't know how this show is going to go.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it was a good show last night. Riley's beatdown on the Miz was awesome and not something I really saw coming. He got a lot of face cheers and a chant. Good for Alex.

Truth was awesome again tonight. He's my favorite part of the show haha

Also always nice seeing Bret Hart and wtf was up with Kharma?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Truth deserves to be the #1 contender IMO since he beat Mysterio. They should save Del Rio vs Cena for like Summerslam or something like that.
Truth definitely deserves it at this point, his heel turn has just been hilarious/awesome. Little Jimmy!

When I mentioned Del Rio I don't know why I didn't consider him for Summerfest, that sounds both likely and like a good idea.

I thought it was a good show last night. Riley's beatdown on the Miz was awesome and not something I really saw coming. He got a lot of face cheers and a chant. Good for Alex.

Truth was awesome again tonight. He's my favorite part of the show haha

Also always nice seeing Bret Hart and wtf was up with Kharma?
With Riley, that may have been the highlight of the show for me...not only because I didn't see it coming (I figured he'd go to SD after getting fired by Miz and just kind of not say anything, hang his head in shame, etc.) I would have pegged him as a heel on SD, but after the reaction he got last night I really don't know what to think. A-Ry would actually make a good babyface, and I hadn't thought of it before at all. I also took notice during his assault on the Miz that he's definitely improved in subtle ways since NXT. Definitely ready to see what's next.

Truth is probably my regular favorite part of the show too. Haha is promos are a mix of hilarious, crazy, and sometimes just plain good.

Good to see Bret, and I have to admit the sharpshooter combined with Rey's leg drop was a pretty cool combo to finish off the main event.

Swagger/Bourne put on a good match, wouldn't mind seeing a legit feud between the two. Both of them need one, that's for sure.

With Kharma, I don't know what to say. "This had better be good" comes to mind, because if you're taking a dominant unstoppable monster heel and making them look weak before even having a title, a legitimate challenger, etc. you'd better have a damn good story in mind. Hopefully it's just some sign of her instability. Having her take out all of the Divas in one ring would have been better, though. You can't blame Vince Russo for this one, haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall, it was a decent show. A few great matches, my favorite being Kofi vs. Drew. I was hoping that Drew would of won the title.

I assume that Big show is injured which is why they lost the titles and he got ran over by a car.

The beatdown on The Miz by Riley was awesome, glad it finally happened. I wonder what's next for Riley.

It was awesome to see Bret Hart, I was pretty pumped when he put the sharpshooter on CM Punk. Speaking of CM Punk, I was happy with the pink tights which was a tribute to Macho Man.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I thought the show was "meh". It had its highs and lows.

I LOVED everything that R-Truth was involved with last night, including the main event. I also loved the Kofi/Drew match as well.

Everything else was below par. Even the New Nexus taking the Tag Titles.