• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: June 6, 2016

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Should be interesting to see what's next between The Club and John Cena.

Use this thread to discuss the upcoming Raw tonight.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hope its a good one

I literally have nothing better to say haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh great, Teddy Long is back. I hope it's not for long. He's been truly awful tonight.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
That opening segment started weird, then it got awesome with the Jericho/Sami exchange and then it got horrible when Teddy flubbed his lines. They tried so hard to salvage it in the end, it was so sad.

But one promo that was good was AJ Styles' promo with John Cena. That's the best I heard AJ on the mic in years. Felt from the heart and that's what we wanna hear as fans.

The video package for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was very well done too but how can you not cheer for Seth Rollins after seeing it? It felt very babyface to me while Roman's was a lot of complaining about being stabbed in the back by Seth Rollins and everything. Very weird but it was still effective.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That segement was really good. Cena's at his best with that edge and the real life/smark criticism and obviously Styles is outstanding.

They're doing a great job building this feud while they botch Reigns-Rollins and run SOS on the ladder match.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You all realize Long was bad on purpose, right? haha

The point was he's old and out of touch and trying to hang onto what he once had. I thought it was fun. The guys on the ladders though...that was cold.

"Oooooo Spanish!" --- Kevin Owens

And then Jericho talking about how he's won MITB before and Sami calling him out on it. "I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!" "I won...the first one...and the 6th."

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
But one promo that was good was AJ Styles' promo with John Cena. That's the best I heard AJ on the mic in years. Felt from the heart and that's what we wanna hear as fans.
That was probably my favorite part of the show as well. AJ was dropping pipebombs on Cena like it was the Summer of Punk all over again. And I agree, this was the best he's been on the mic in almost forever. I just REALLY hope they don't feed AJ to Cena. Hopefully the WWE will do the right thing and let AJ win at MiTB (or at the end of their fued, which I'm assuming will be SummerSlam?) but to be honest, I don't have a lot faith in them.

I liked the opening segment, even if it did seem obviously scripted to a T. Could have done without the Teddy Long and Stephanie thing. I'm sure it was on purpose, but it was still pretty cringey to watch.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To me the whole thing was a complete mess, IMO. I did enjoy the Jericho line that he’s from Winnipeg, though. Pretty incredible that three Canadians, one Mexican, one Swiss and one American will be participating in this match.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
You all realize Long was bad on purpose, right? haha

The point was he's old and out of touch and trying to hang onto what he once had. I thought it was fun. The guys on the ladders though...that was cold.

"Oooooo Spanish!" --- Kevin Owens

And then Jericho talking about how he's won MITB before and Sami calling him out on it. "I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!" "I won...the first one...and the 6th."
I saw someone on Twitter compare the Sami/Jericho exchange to a Seinfeld dialogue and after rewatching it, the guy was on point. That's exactly how it sounded like! :p