• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: January 11th, 2015

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

The Beast is coming back tomorrow and I hope he destroys everything in his sight. Can't wait to see Lesnar tomorrow night.

Use this thread to discuss tomorrow's show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I feel like a selfish wrestling fan saying this, but now all I'm thinking of is the Bullet Club. Lesnar is nice to have on the show, but man they've been teasing these signings and - regardless of whether it's on NXT or RAW - I want to see that stable ASAP.

I just hope Lesnar does something difference. A lot of times these appearances are just Paul E. talking and that's about it, which is still usually great. I know he'll be announcing his entry in the Rumble, right? Maybe he goes out and tosses a ton of guys out of a ring during their match.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rumour has it that the WWE wanted to debut some of them at the Rumble, but now that the secret is out, those plans will probably change. Like I said, I don't really care for Gallows, but I'm excited for Styles and Nakamura and see what they have to offer on the big boys club.

Oh, and with Cena out of the Rumble, you bet your ass that Lesnar will be participating.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Lesnar is in the Rumble for sure. Hell, he's my favorite to win it. If he's eliminated, there's his Wrestlemania program right there.

As for the Bullet Club & Nakamura, not gonna happen this week. AJ is working 3 shows for 5 Star Wrestling in England this week. I'm sure that as soon as they'll be able to put them on the show, it's gonna happen quickly. But for Nakamura, you'd ideally need 2 things: several weeks of video packages to highlight the God-like fascination people has for him in Japan. You need to show how charismatic this man is and how much of an asset this guy will be to the roster. And also.....if we could have Paul Heyman as his advocate to do the promos for him, that'd be great. Of course, people will anticipate the moment that Nakamura & Heyman will eventually part ways but I'm intrigued at the possibility of a probable Lesnar/Nakamura program.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I just read about Styles' shows today as well. A lot of people are saying it's looking more and more like a Rumble debut for him and maybe others. I'd love that, but not holding my breath.

Even though I keep saying NXT is what will happen for most of these guys, it's generating a ton of buzz. Maybe WWE wants that buzz to be a part of WrestleMania?

Anyway, WWE has said that their first Hall of Fame inductee will be announced tonight. Sting, maybe?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Ambrose / Owens stuff is still awesome. Their match on SD was great and it doesn't appear to be over yet

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was a shocking finish...I liked it, we need more of that. Kalisto is a great talent and Del Rio wasn't doing much with the title anyway.

I love that Vince picked Owens for this match with Reigns.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Ambrose / Owens stuff is still awesome. Their match on SD was great and it doesn't appear to be over yet
I love that feud. I think it's one of those that should go for a few months and just keep getting the ante upped more and more over time.

Holy shit!

Kalisto: US Champ
I loved that booking. A surprise on Raw every now and then is amazing, and Kalisto is such a huge talent and such a good dude. I like Del Rio and he's very legit as U.S. Champ, but Kalisto has a unique chance right now with his tag team partner injured (I forget how long). I'm somewhat surprised they didn't put the belt on Neville first but after Kalisto stood out so much during that ladder match I'd say it's in very capable hands.

As far as the main event, it was good enough. I thought Lesnar was booked just like he should have been.

The Flair podcast afterward on the WWE Network was great. Some new stuff from Ric Flair that I haven't heard before. I highly recommend it.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
What I loved about RAW tonight: it had a little bit of everything. Character development & storyline progression (see Becky Lynch & Charlotte), a surprise ending (Kalisto winning the US title) & pretty much every match was pretty good. Jericho breaking Xavier Woods' trombone with Xavier making his best impression of Nancy Kerrigan cracked me up big time. I'm glad they picked Kevin Owens for the main event against Roman Reigns. He looked real good and it reinforces my feeling that Vince & other officials are still trusting Owens to be that top heel eventually.

And what about Brock Lesnar at the end cleaning house, including the F5 to Roman Reigns. What I think? Lesnar wins the Rumble; grants Reigns a rematch at Fastlane with Triple H costing Reigns the title, setting up their match at Wrestlemania.

Also, very happy for Sting being the 1st inductee in this year's Hall of Fame. A pretty cool way for him to still be part of this year Wrestlemania despite the fact that we'll more than likely never see him wrestle again. Now, I'm expecting the Fabulous Freebirds and Lemmy Kilmister as the celebrity inductee to be eventually announced.