• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: February 5, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last weeks show was simply amazing, you had the great match between Orton and Ziggler, then you also had an amazing match between Punk and Bryan. Also, the Undertaker made an appearance, should be interesting in HHH responds tonight.

Let's use this thread to discuss the upcoming Raw.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The main thing I am really interested in is the HHH/Johnny Ace/Taker program. Is John future endeavoured? Will the board change their mind about HHH being the new GM due to Taker's appearance? Will HHH explain why he walked out last week on Raw? Also we will probably see another good promo from the Cena and The Big Red Retard's feud, and of course we will probably see a promo with Jericho and Punk. Last week was pretty much a promo show and with some classic matches, this week will probably be another promo week with not so great matches, but we shall watch and see.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in the Punk/Jericho feud. I really hope that these two cut a great promo together. Have Jericho come out and explain why he attacked Punk, then have Punk come out and let them do what they do best.

I'm curious to know what's going to happen with Johnny Ace too, we all thought that he was going to be fired last Monday, but then Undertaker came out, so, that might change everything.

viLky

ykLiv
Today is the 6th.

What I'm hoping for tonight is for Triple H to turn down Undertakers offer and not get involved. Sadly, we all know this match will happen... AGAIN. I would rather have Undertaker take on Hornswoggle than another Triple H match. Let's take a look at what Triple H has accomplished since last year:

- Lost to Undertaker
- Took time off
- Came back to feud with Punk
- Had Punk lose
- Took time off... while Punk... still... stayed... Great job getting newer talent over, Trips.
- Came back for Nash
- Was suppose to be Punk vs Nash, but somehow something changed. It ended up being Triple H vs Nash. Umm... why?
- Beat Nash. Took more time off
- Coming back for Taker.

I'm already sick of Triple H and he hasn't even been back for very long. In fact, for one week! Ugh... I might have to find a new interest until WM is over and Triple H is out of the picture again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kevin Nash wasn't cleared to wrestle so HHH had to face Punk instead. Just an FYI.

I am most interested in seeing what happens with Punk and Jericho. I'm sure Punk will call out Chris and hopefully they have a good exchange.

The HHH/Taker/Johnny Ace stuff is also intriguing. Is he fired? They seemed to hint that he was on Smackdown but I don't think they take that character off TV. That would be a mistake.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, Johnny, should stay on television. I didn't like him at first, but he's grown on me and I really enjoy his character. He still screws up to many times on the microphone, but Iove his quick-wit one liners. He's pretty funny when given the chance. It would be stupid to remove him just like that.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Johnny Ace is doing the opposite with me, I'm sick of him and I want him off of my TV screen ASAP.

Punk and Jericho is what I'm most looking forward to seeing at this point. I'm really wondering of Chris is going to speak about his actions, but now I'm expecting disappointment on that front every week so who knows if he'll even utter more than a few words before WM. He really needs to to fuel this feud though, but they could make us wait until after the chamber for the verbal skills of the Highlight of the Night himself.

More from Kane is always a good thing, I'm interested in seeing what he does every week right now to be honest.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The show, to me, just seemed kinda meh. The main event was fine, and it looked like Miz fucked up the R-Truth dive because he moved out of the way. Bryan-Show was what it was, and Orton's RKO on Khali was a good visual, although the match itself wasn't much to write home about.

Jericho-Punk was gold. Jericho has been amazing since coming back, and what Punk did last night when he interupted Jericho was brilliant.

Trips' promo was good, but it cried out for someone to interrupt him. And I don't mean an interruption by a video. And there were wayyy too many times tonight that it seemed like all they were doing were video promos. I kept flipping away because I got tired of watching video vignettes. It just made the show seem off-kilter.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This wasn't a show for true wrestling fans. It was moreso to further the feuds because there was a lot of videos.

The Jericho/Punk stuff was brilliant. That's what we've been waiting for. I feel like I have so much more to say about it but can't think of what to say haha