• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: December 20, 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The WWE are coming off TLC, and usually Raw is entertaining coming off a Pay Per View. Hopefully the WWE will be able to put on a good show for the fans. I'm sure that they'll have some Christmas stuff since it's just around the corner and it's the last Raw before Christmas.

Let's use this thread to discuss Raw.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Post PPV shows are always the best, so I'm excited to see what feuds start or continue.

I'm really hoping for a HHH return tonight, it makes sense to pull the trigger immediately since Sheamus is out of the title hunt for the time being.

It'll be great to see the beginnings of the Morrison vs. Miz feud, this one should be one of the coolest title feuds we've had in quite a few months on RAW. Orton was the man as champ, but his feud with Barrett was too eclipsed by Cena's Nexus thing...and Miz just jumped him, so I don't really count that as a feud.

I'm definitely ready to see what's next for Orton. Title or not, he can pull off feuds that just draw fans in...I really can't imagine who it will be at this point. I had said to Millz maybe Alex Riley for his part in last night's match, but who knows.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Post PPV shows are always the best, so I'm excited to see what feuds start or continue.

I'm really hoping for a HHH return tonight, it makes sense to pull the trigger immediately since Sheamus is out of the title hunt for the time being.
No. It doesn't make sense TONIGHT. At the Rumble? Sure. But not tonight.

It'll be great to see the beginnings of the Morrison vs. Miz feud, this one should be one of the coolest title feuds we've had in quite a few months on RAW. Orton was the man as champ, but his feud with Barrett was too eclipsed by Cena's Nexus thing...and Miz just jumped him, so I don't really count that as a feud.
Nor will I count JoMo/Miz as a feud. It's just killing time till Miz loses the title at the Chamber PPV.

I'm definitely ready to see what's next for Orton. Title or not, he can pull off feuds that just draw fans in...I really can't imagine who it will be at this point. I had said to Millz maybe Alex Riley for his part in last night's match, but who knows.
Orton? BARRETT. It only makes sense. Cena/Barrett & Nexus is done (most likely) so it only makes sense that they have a feud.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Triple H can't return the Royal Rumble since he's facing Sheamus at the Rumble (a guess but a logical one)...

Surely they'll want him on WWE TV beforehand, right?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
No. It doesn't make sense TONIGHT. At the Rumble? Sure. But not tonight.

Nor will I count JoMo/Miz as a feud. It's just killing time till Miz loses the title at the Chamber PPV.

Orton? BARRETT. It only makes sense. Cena/Barrett & Nexus is done (most likely) so it only makes sense that they have a feud.

Triple H can't return the Royal Rumble since he's facing Sheamus at the Rumble (a guess but a logical one)...

Surely they'll want him on WWE TV beforehand, right?
What Millz said, regarding your first point. Trips will increase ratings on RAW and make the lead-up to the Rumble even better. I can see him returning at The Rumble and the feud between him and Sheamus escalating until WM, but I'd rather get it over with at The Royal Rumble.

John Morrison vs. The Miz is a feud, because it already has credibility. Their former tag team status already creates a sense of electricity and tension for their Rumble match, and RAW hasn't even happened yet.

Orton vs. Barrett would always be good, but I don't see how it makes sense. Orton and Barrett just finished feuding.
------
By the way, just thought of something that I had forgotten to post. I really hope that this RAW (or one soon) brings CM Punk back into the mix. Millz had told me that apparently his arm is ready to go; with his cryptic Slammy talk, it would be nice to see him go apeshit on whoever has wronged him tonight. Could be a highlight of the show!

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
What Millz said, regarding your first point. Trips will increase ratings on RAW and make the lead-up to the Rumble even better. I can see him returning at The Rumble and the feud between him and Sheamus escalating until WM, but I'd rather get it over with at The Royal Rumble.
To get it over at the Rumble would mean that the WM match would be a blow-off match. Regardless of what we all think, Sheamus and Trips will be facing each other at WM. That is why the Rumble is so important.

No. HHH did not return last night.

John Morrison vs. The Miz is a feud, because it already has credibility. Their former tag team status already creates a sense of electricity and tension for their Rumble match, and RAW hasn't even happened yet.
Never said it wasn't. It is just holding off time until the The Miz loses the title at the Rumble.

Orton vs. Barrett would always be good, but I don't see how it makes sense. Orton and Barrett just finished feuding.
It's hard to pick a feud for Randy... Can't think of anyone else.
------
By the way, just thought of something that I had forgotten to post. I really hope that this RAW (or one soon) brings CM Punk back into the mix. Millz had told me that apparently his arm is ready to go; with his cryptic Slammy talk, it would be nice to see him go apeshit on whoever has wronged him tonight. Could be a highlight of the show!
Punk attacked Cena last night as he was celebrating after beating Ziggler. Punk/Cena has never happened and it only makes sense. Why did it happen? Well Punk and Cena were in the middle of a match when Nexus attacked. He didn't forget!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
To get it over at the Rumble would mean that the WM match would be a blow-off match. Regardless of what we all think, Sheamus and Trips will be facing each other at WM. That is why the Rumble is so important.

No. HHH did not return last night.

Never said it wasn't. It is just holding off time until the The Miz loses the title at the Rumble.

It's hard to pick a feud for Randy... Can't think of anyone else.
------

Punk attacked Cena last night as he was celebrating after beating Ziggler. Punk/Cena has never happened and it only makes sense. Why did it happen? Well Punk and Cena were in the middle of a match when Nexus attacked. He didn't forget!
Not important, but see the above bolded...
I do agree that HHH vs Sheamus makes sense at WM, it just would have made equal sense to get it out of the way for me...or at least to get it started now and have one of those 3 month feuds that culminates at Wrestlemania. And thanks for pointing out that he didn't return.

I definitely agree that it's hard to pick for Randy right now, and after last night we're still not sure. I think that Alex Riley makes the most sense, even though he's still so green. I'm just trying to think of someone new that can link to his last feud with Miz. Maybe I've been thinking too much along the lines of Orton having a PPV quality feud, because it seems he'll be focusing on the Rumble match. He'll probably just keep feuding with The Miz and Riley and whoever they might throw in his direction. Nexus isn't out of the question...just keeping him kicking ass until the Rumble is what's important right now.

And talk about pops from the couch, Punk attacking Cena was the best part of the night. Punk/Cena has the potential to be a great feud, and I think you're right, KSF, it just makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it links to Nexus, but no matter what the explanation is I just can't wait until we hear how Punk interprets and explains it!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Unity, sorry about the mix up. It may be considered a "feud" by some, but I would not call it a feud by "my definitions". Whatever those may be, I haven't decided.