• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: August 22, 2016

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

I imagine Balor will be opening the show, and they'll probably talk about his injury. Use this thread to talk about tonight's show.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It really sucks for Balor to have to forfeit the title less than 24 hours after he won it. And at the same time, it makes you wonder if WWE should tell Seth Rollins to stop using the turnbuckle powerbomb. That's the 2nd man that Rollins has seriously injured and one of them saw his career come to an end because of it. That gives Bret Hart some serious ammo about Rollins being reckless in the ring.

But on the brightside, an awesome RAW debut for Bayley tonight. And she was the only logical choice to face Charlotte next. Even though I don't think Charlotte is losing this belt any time soon. I think that Bayley won't touch the belt until Wrestlemania 33.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So who wins next week?

I figure Rollins, since he's the only one without anything going on right now. Owens is teaming with Jericho, Cass is with with Enzo and Reigns should still be in his feud with Rusev.

The show tonight seemed a little off, which is kinda understandable since they probably had to rewrite a lot of it this afternoon. No explanation at first by Steph and Foley that there would be four matches with a fatal fourway among the winners the next week and Cole started talking about it while a graphic for last night's Orton beatdown was showed.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So I was still on vacation last night but did watch Raw. I had read results of the PPV but hadn't seen anything and hadn't been on social media much. @Millz reported to me about Balor's injury literally like 3 minutes before the show started. I was so damn heartbroken haha. I had been so so so pumped for him. Hopefully he goes straight to the top upon his return. I still can't believe this.

As far as next week, I'm going to guess Rollins as well. I figured he'd be a great first Universal Champ when they took a chance on Finn. Seth is awesome and I don't hold anything against him for Balor's injury. I'm sure he's beating himself up especially after his injury and time on the shelf. But still I'll be cheering for him next week. I do like that we have some different guys in this.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Interesting tidbit I read tonight:

Prior to his injury, plans called for Finn Balor to defend the Universal Championship vs Kevin Owens at Clash of the Champions. The finish would've set up a Triple Threat Match between Balor, Owens & Chris Jericho at Hell in a Cell in October. Found it a bit odd to read that both Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns were being kept off the title picture.

But I guess Balor's injury changed everything. Still hoping that Kevin Owens comes away with the championship win and they go Owens vs Jericho for the Universal Championship at Clash of Champions. But I won't be surprised if they book Seth Rollins to go over instead.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Interesting tidbit I read tonight:

Prior to his injury, plans called for Finn Balor to defend the Universal Championship vs Kevin Owens at Clash of the Champions. The finish would've set up a Triple Threat Match between Balor, Owens & Chris Jericho at Hell in a Cell in October. Found it a bit odd to read that both Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns were being kept off the title picture.

But I guess Balor's injury changed everything. Still hoping that Kevin Owens comes away with the championship win and they go Owens vs Jericho for the Universal Championship at Clash of Champions. But I won't be surprised if they book Seth Rollins to go over instead.
I read that too, and it broke my heart because it sounded so good. If anyone had listened to Balor's interview on the Talk is Jericho podcast, it sounds as if him and Chris had been slated to work together at some point. I bet they'd have excellent chemistry. And add Owens to that mix? Amazing. I do always want Rollins to be in the title picture but a small break for a good feud is never a bad thing. Wrestling is a long game.