• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussions: April 11, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last Monday Night Raw we probably saw the "end" of the Cena/The Rock feud for a while, so that means Cena will move to someone for now. For some reason I don't believe it's going to be The Miz, but I could be wrong.

None the less, I'm excited for tonight's show. Looking forward to the continuation of the Orton/Punk feud, it's only getting better by the week.

Use this thread to discuss tonight's Raw.

viLky

ykLiv
Thing I want to see/think we'll see:

o-- Sin Cara match; not just an appearance
o-- CM Punk and Randy will continue their feud... even though I'm already tired of is. Is anybody else? z__z
o-- Cena and Miz continue their feud w/o The Rock this time
o-- Some more random appearance by SmackDown! wrestlers

...speaking of that...

Why even bother having the draft in the first place if the wrestlers are not going to stay on the show they were "sent" to? I was reading a report and it looks like there COULD possibly be another draft in May due to the report stating there will be two THREE HOUR RAWs in that month. Doubt they'll stay on their brands this time, however. Heh >_>

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm just hoping that we see more of a focus on starting new feuds than on continuing the ones that lasted for three months before WM. Orton/Punk has been masterful, but I really think it should end with The Viper being victorious; I'd like to see Punk and his New Nexus focus more on something else.

I'm really hoping to see Sin Cara again, and I'm sure we will. I'd like to see an actual match as well. I wonder where he'll end up, brand-wise?

Vilky mentioned seeing more SD wrestlers appear; I'm the opposite. Unless the brand extension is ending, I'd rather see the RAW roster get more of a chance to shine.

viLky

ykLiv
How would you guys feel if Sin Cara had a match tonight against Jack Swagger and Sheamus (three way FFA)? I'm not sure if WWE is worried about how well he will preform, so putting him in a match with Swagger and Sheamus could be a good thing. I would totally be into it. Would also be funny to see Swagger and Sheamus argue over who gets him first. ^_^

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd definitely enjoy that, Vilky.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was something they'd wait to do until a PPV, though.

I think it's also very possible that we'll see Sin Cara make another "statement" against a different heel tonight.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Tonight is already shaping up to be a good show...

5-man gauntlet match for the #1 contender slot! Oh, and Truth is still alive.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm DVRing this right now. I'll probably watch it tomorrow and drop some thoughts here. I have no idea what is going on and I'm sure it'll take me a little while to get into the swing of things again.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They airing an amazing promo for Kong about 10 minutes ago which showed her profile while holding a blonde doll and then she flicked the dolls head off while laughing. I thought that was GOLD. Then, of course, Eve loses the title to Brie Bella... and afterwards says "all you Divas are the same." Sets up Kong's debut for next week, I think.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
They airing an amazing promo for Kong about 10 minutes ago which showed her profile while holding a blonde doll and then she flicked the dolls head off while laughing. I thought that was GOLD. Then, of course, Eve loses the title to Brie Bella... and afterwards says "all you Divas are the same." Sets up Kong's debut for next week, I think.
inorite? That was one of the BEST promo's the WWE's done in a while.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on RAW.

ZOMG! This was one of the most unexpected Raws ever. I’m completely bummed that Edge is gone. He’s the last person I thought would retire, well especially not Raw anyways. I’m not sure how to feel just yet, but I think I may be a bit heart broken... :(

So I guess Brie Bella beat Eve and won the Divas Championship... uh, whatever, who cares. The Divas Championship hasn’t been relevant since 2005. NEXT!

Sin Cara’s top rope Flip Bottom on Primo was priceless. I thought the match was kinda slow at first, but I liked how it picked up pace around the end.

The gauntlet match was pretty good. I like how the E’s finally giving R-Truth an opportunity to shine (even if he is annoying.) I thought he was awesome in tonight’s match. I fucking loved The Miz on commentary. Words can’t describe how freaking awesome he is. I loved his little quip about “all the girls and all the kids” cheering for Cena.

Oh, and I lol'ed @ the Corre vs. the APPLE. Haha, almost forgot about that one.

So overall, I say RAW delivered and it was a pretty solid show.

viLky

ykLiv
I agree with Bubbles...

Was very unexpected.

o-- New Nexus members coming back. Wh-What!? I thought WWE was getting rid of them. Glad they're back, though... At least some of them. ^.^

o-- Eve losing the title. Eve seemingly turning heel for a bit? Or was that just to set up Awesome Kong's debut?

o-- R-Truth in the main event for the WWE championship. Whoa... surprise! =D

o-- Edge retiring. I was re-watching the SmackDown! from the previous week and when he did the Spear it looked like he injured himself. It didn't look like a normal Spear. I'll miss him... says he will be on SmackDown!, so I guess we can guess that ADR will take him out?

o-- I agree with The Miz on commentary, that guy is awesome. He's extremely quick and witty.

o-- APPLE reminded me of 'The Job Squad' for some reason.

o-- Why the hell are they teasing a Corre breakup? It's too soon, they have so much potential to last until AFTER SummerSlam, at least. Since The New Nexus members are returning, it would be nice for a New Nexus vs Corre feud at SummerSlam.

A good night for wrestling fans.