Raw discussion: September 6, 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last weeks episode was pretty weak, and I'm hoping for something a little more entertaining tonight. They're not promoting Night of Champions all that much, and maybe that's going to change tonight.

Hopefully they will put on a good product for the fans.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm not gonna lie, I liked Raw this evening. It was way better than last week's 900th crappola. All the matches were pretty good, even the women's match was decent. I was pretty impressed with Justin Gabriel's ability as a solo superstar. I was kinda disappointed that he lost to Cena despite having him nearly beat. I wonder what's gonna happen with Chris Jericho now that he's outta the Six-Pack picture. I felt kinda bad for him because he look liked he was about to cry lol.

What was up with Alicia Fox saying that she was the "next undefined" Women's Champion? I didn't think it was possible but I think she annoys me more than Tiffany. Anyways, he match with Melina was alright. Nothing too special, but meh... it was okay. Miz cut an awesome promo. Every week he gets better and better. Daniel Bryan is finally in the US Championship picture, so YAY! I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Edge versus Khali was nothing special. The mainevent was pretty good. I like how Shameus, Edge and Cena were out for commentary. I kinda knew that Orton was gonna win, so no surprises there. All in all, I think Raw delivered. Not a bad show in my opinion.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I knew it was a good night when Mike Mizanin cut a promo I'll actually remember and Bryan, miraculously, ditto.

A small thing I noticed: John Cena selling his nose at the finish with Justin Gabriel was not worked. A quick rewind showed Cena's face coming down on Gabriel's unintentionally upheld palm during the finisher from the ropes.

Speaking of oopses and rewinds, did any of you notice that Miz's MITB case fell open after he left the ring and there was zippity shit inside? :lol:

What was up with Alicia Fox saying that she was the "next undefined" Women's Champion?
That was just painful. Less noticeably, she also said, "...at Night at Champions!" just before or after that. These are the kinds of things that can sometimes get one yanked by an impatient Vinnie Mac. Hopefully she doesn't flub as Maxine's NXT mentor.

It looked like nerves to me. I think Alicia is feeling the weight of her part in making the femdiv fly. They really ought to stop her push, so that she can get her legs back under her. She could hone a three-dimensional character at the same time. 'Stuck-Up B' is already taken in that small circle by Maryse and Michelle and Layla, is it not? Creative could really score if they'd animate Fox up a bit. Dudette Love, anybody? Godmother? Bro Train? Anybody?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Speaking of oopses and rewinds, did any of you notice that Miz's MITB case fell open after he left the ring and there was zippity shit inside? :lol:
Oh yeah, I saw that too. I wasn't sure if I caught it at first, but then I saw an encore of Raw a few hours later. I was like "wasn't there supposed to be like a contract in there or something."