• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw discussion: October 11, 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interested to see what's next for Cena and Nexus.

Use this thread to discuss tonight's show, I'm expecting a great show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Same here, the Nexus/Cena angle is incredible, and looking forward to the added dynamic of Orton vs. Barrett building up.

Do you all think we'll find out who Edge was traded for tonight? I'm hoping so, and guessing yes. The Punk rumors would be awesome.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We'd definitely have to find out who Edge was traded for...I missed Smackdown this week though, damn it.

The show last week was really good and I'm hoping for more of the same.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Agreed, the Nexus angle right now is top notch...but I wonder what is going to happen next with Goldust and Ted Dibiase...not to mention how will Orton get involved in the Nexus angle.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I just finished watching the RAW encore. It was a really good show. So far we got 6 guys on Team Raw:

- R-Truth
- John Morrison
- Santino Marella
- Shameus
- CM Punk
- Miz (Captain)

Not bad. The matches were fairly good.

Daniel Bryan versus Shameus was awesome. I wish it would've lasted a bit longer. Daniel Bryan is fucking fierce, man. The kicks he nailed on Shameus were great.

Randy Orton beat Justin Gabriel. No surprises there. Everytime Gabriel gets in the ring, he leaves me in awe despite the fact that he loses most of his singles matches.

What else happened? Oh yeah, Laycool came out and made fun of Nattie's weight. Typical. Those broads should just disband already. Just the sound of their voices gives my ears an STD.

Oh and CM Punk returned to Raw as Edge's replacement.

The Miz stole the win and became Captain of Team Raw over John Cena. Miz gets bonus points for allegedly "yelling at Justin Beiber." The finale of the show was fantastic. Wade Barrett tauntung Cena = massive lulz. Anyone who thinks that Wade doesn't deserve his Championship push is freakin' crazy.

My only problem is that there wasn't enough Nexus. Overall, it was a great show.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree Bubbles great show, I'm really surprised with the selection of Santino on this team, I have a feeling that he'll get replaced by the time Bragging Rights comes rolling around.

The Bryan/Sheamus match was good like you said, you saw at the end of the match that one of Bryan's kick to Sheamus head left a bruise. Not really surprised that Sheamus won that match, and got that spot on Raw's team.

Love it that Goldust is back to his old self and starts playing mind games again. I really hope we see these two go at it Bragging Rights.

Morrison vs Kidd was a good match, both performed really well and put on a show for the fans. I hope they get to feud with each other in the future.

Gabriel vs Orton was a good match, after Barrett he seems to be the one that is getting pushed the most, he's going to have a good mid-card career after this whole Nexus thing is over.

Barrett got so much heat at the end of the show, it was awesome. He's great on the microphone and he knows how to get a crowds reaction.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree Bubbles great show, I'm really surprised with the selection of Santino on this team, I have a feeling that he'll get replaced by the time Bragging Rights comes rolling around.

Barrett got so much heat at the end of the show, it was awesome. He's great on the microphone and he knows how to get a crowds reaction.
I think Santino will stay aboard...the PPV is too close for them to be making sudden changes for no reason at all.

What you said about Barrett is definitely noteworthy. The way that he interacted with the WWE's franchise guy would make you think he's been in the business for as long as Cena himself. He did so well at pushing the crowds buttons, and Cena's reaction was awesome.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like Cena sells his facial expressions about 100 times better then he sells in-ring manuevers haha. I thought he was brilliant all night and Barrett being the dickhead was pure gold.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Santino will stay aboard...the PPV is too close for them to be making sudden changes for no reason at all.
I don't know, it just feels weird to have him on board like this. They haven't pushed him at all in recent months and now he's on Team Raw? If he does stay on, I don't expect him to much other then be a comedic act and have a few moves here and there.

They have changed teams last minute before in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with Santino.

What you said about Barrett is definitely noteworthy. The way that he interacted with the WWE's franchise guy would make you think he's been in the business for as long as Cena himself. He did so well at pushing the crowds buttons, and Cena's reaction was awesome.
I totally agree with you Viper, it's really impressive that it didn't take him all that long to become one of the best heels in the WWE today. He's incredible on the microphone and he's great at getting a crowd reaction. His microphone skills remind me a lot of Chris Jericho when he's a heel.

I still think he needs to change his finishing move though, it's kind of meh to me.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't know, it just feels weird to have him on board like this. They haven't pushed him at all in recent months and now he's on Team Raw? If he does stay on, I don't expect him to much other then be a comedic act and have a few moves here and there.

They have changed teams last minute before in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with Santino.
I understand what you mean, I wish he could get taken more seriously on a wrestling level...I'm fine with him being funny, but it's like Eric Young right now. Comedic but still awesome in the ring, I think Santino can be the same.

I totally agree with you Viper, it's really impressive that it didn't take him all that long to become one of the best heels in the WWE today. He's incredible on the microphone and he's great at getting a crowd reaction. His microphone skills remind me a lot of Chris Jericho when he's a heel.

I still think he needs to change his finishing move though, it's kind of meh to me.
Maybe Jericho taught him a thing or two! He's doing great and hasn't been around for a year yet!

I actually like the Wasteland, for some reason. It seems impactful enough to me, and I've never seen it used before. I wouldn't be mad if he added an alternate though.