• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: May 30, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright ladies and gentleman, last week we had a few interesting storylines, one of the biggest ones was Riley beating down on The Miz. Now it should be interesting to see if Riley will be on Raw tonight, we all know that Alex is officially on the Smackdown roster. I'm intrigued to know where this is going to say the least. That was a huge beatdown that The Miz got from a rookie.

Let's use this thread to discuss tonight's episode.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think we will see Riley/Miz at Capitol Punishment... but that is another discussion.

Raw could be very interesting, for sure. I wonder who Cena's true #1 contender will be...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd love to see more of Riley and Miz this week; it was a kind of refreshing turn of events and building a feud for the next PPV would be just fine by me.

We'll be hearing from Kharma tonight...I really think they shouldn't put her on the mic yet; just because she's leaving for a while doesn't mean they have to ruin her "monster mystique."

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully we get the WWE title main event figured out tonight. My hope is that Truth gets the nod since he actually deserves it.

We'll also get fallout with Del Rio and Big Show and that whole thing.

Also wondering what is next with the new Nexus after winning the tag title straps.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I do think that after the interaction between Truth and Cena last week we'll see him getting the shot at capital punishment. I'm happy about that, he's really running with this heel turn (I know I've said it a million times). Even JR is impressed with it, as he said in the blog I had posted in the RWT thread.

Is Show really hurt, is he going to be able to feud with Alberto?

As far as the Nexus, it would be cool to see Mason Ryan getting a U.S. Title Shot and winning...my next hope would obviously be Punk taking the title. I'm also hoping that Husky Harris comes back soon, or that they get a new member. I know that 4 is a standard size for a stable, but when 3/4ths are lacking in experience it kind of takes away.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They are going through serious technical difficulties right now, and Vince is probably fuming right now, and waiting until the commercial break to fix it. The sound and visual are off, and camera cuts have an obnoxious black flash with a green bar. This is funny, but also pissing me off.... wait.... the audio was just fix, just not the visual cuts...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Announced on a WWE.com exclusive video after Raw went off of the air (by the anonymous Raw GM, Cole read it to the live WWE audience).

Truth is getting a title shot at the PPV, but because of his actions on Raw he has to publicly apologize on next week's show.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmmm that's interesting. Apologize for throwing water in that man's face? I wonder if those people were plants or were just fans at the event. I always assume they are planted there but eh, ya never know I guess.

Good for Truth though. He's becoming the highlight of the show for me and he's getting HUGE heel heat.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Not trying to say that I'm some kind of acting guru, but I could tell that "Jimmy, Sr." was a plant from the beginning of the show. Don't ask me how, but there was a big difference between his demeanor and that of any other fans. It's no coincidence that he said "What's Up?" to Truth.

Truth is definitely a highlight (if not the highlight) of Raw for me, too. He's improving week by week...I'm loving his whole talking to himself thing, and it looks like it's been incorporated into his entrance.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
They put on another great show, just like last week's. Let's hope this is the beginning of a New Attitude Era. Stranger things have happened!

A couple of observations, spoilered for safety:

Okay, I'm on the A-Ri Train. This guy is sharp, he doesn't mumble, he's energetic like a mofe and he understands getting the story over. I thought for sure top-carder Miz would get his revenge this week, leaving Riley sprawled in the ring, but the orgiastic pops from the live crowd showed why I was wrong about that.

Kharma's temporary goodbye, promising a comeback while shooting on Good Ol' (Blubbery, BBQ-Pushing, Never-Wrestling) J.R. for trying to destroy her dreams, was probably better than anything creative could have ever written. Did any of you get a kind of historic feel from that? Gotta love how art imitates life so seamlessly, only in pro wrestling/'sports entertainment' programming.

R-Truth is an awesome heel. Yes, I think there were three plants in a scripted bit, but I have to give Truth credit for delivery there and for some good spontaneous interaction with the fans all around the arena. Too bad about the tech glitches; the destruction of the souvenir booth would have been a kickass spot. It sort of reminded me of the Al Snow-Hardcore Holly hotdog stand brawl, if any of you remember that match, at the ill-fated Over the Edge '99. And speaking of that tragic event, am I the only one who's a little uncomfortable a PPV called Over the Limit being held in the latter part of May?