• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: May 2, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last night was Extreme Rules, and we have a few new faces on Raw after the draft last week. Tonight's show should be fairly entertaining, not only we will see the start of new feuds but The Rock will be on Raw tonight to celebrate his birthday. It should be a great show.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Last night was Extreme Rules, and we have a few new faces on Raw after the draft last week. Tonight's show should be fairly entertaining, not only we will see the start of new feuds but The Rock will be on Raw tonight to celebrate his birthday. It should be a great show.
It's gonna be great. After last night I was originally apprehensive about what direction that the WWE seems to be going, but whatever.

Rock and Cena will definitely interact... and sparks will fly.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hope that Rock's Birthday party doesn't take too much air time, to be honest. I look forward to seeing him and Cena interacting, but with the new post-draft roster and the PPV having been last night, I'd rather just see new feuds taking shape...not the build-up of a match that's 11 months away or so. Especially considering that Over the Limit is only around 3 weeks away.

I'm really interested to see what's next for CM Punk and the New Nexus...hope that he/they get some good face time tonight.

After seeing a guy with like 5 different Zack Ryder signs in the front row at the Extreme Rules PPV, I hope we see the guy on Raw! C'mon Vince.

PPV Spoiler:
As far as the tag titles and Kofi as the new U.S. Champ, I hope that both titles see new challengers right away.

Should be fun to watch the Truth/Morrison feud develop.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
After seeing a guy with like 5 different Zack Ryder signs in the front row at the Extreme Rules PPV, I hope we see the guy on Raw! C'mon Vince.
I agree! That guy was my hero last night, at least his signs weren't taken.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree! That guy was my hero last night, at least his signs weren't taken.
I don't know how Vince can keep ignoring the guy's popularity. Usually when fans are really responsive to someone (Matt Hardy chants that got him re-hired during Edge's rise as the Rated R Superstar, or cheers for Orton last year before Wrestlemania that turned him face) Vince is forced to pay attention.

I'd really like to see Ryder (spoiler from Extreme Rules)
get a shot at Kofi and his U.S. Title.
It would be a refreshing feud, and give him some prominence.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So one of the major pro's of the show was the crowd, it was really into every match and every moment. Reminded me of 8-9 years ago.

The major con? The end to the show. I know it was the Rock's night, but he had a ton of face time, all of the videos and backstage segments. You're really going to do the WWE Championship match at the one hour mark and end the show with a Vince/Rock lovefest, video package, and balloons? What a waste.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Finally had a chance to watch the whole thing, and it was simply awful.

The Ryan segment was pretty cool, and I like Nexus' look where it's like they don't even know how to control the guy.

Cena/Miz was fine until the shitty ending. How did the ref know that Miz used the belt? Come on. This was a good ending in the 1980s, not 2011.

And I don't see why they're having Kharma Kong attacking the heels. They should have her attacking the faces, or better yet, attacking both heels and faces. I like how the prissy Divas are selling the fear, though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know a lot of people don't like how the Rock dominated the show but I kinda think he deserves it. He's done so much for the company and he deserved to be recognized and celebrated. It was only one night so they'll have time to further other feuds.

The show was still subpar I thought. I mean it was okay but nothing special.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I thought the show was on par. Fruit Loop and The Miz was a solid match. Hopefully Miz will take his title back soon. Mason looked strong last night and it is great seeing him looking his best. Everything else was subpar. Too much of the Crock. Could of had at least one or even two more solid matches on the show with out all these celeb promos. I give it a 6.5/10.