• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: March 7, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Less than a month left till Wrestlemania.

Stone Cold will be on tonight's show. Hopefully he has the same liberty that The Rock had during his last two promos. How awesome would it be if both The Rock and Stone Cold where there tonight? Man I would love it so much.

Lots of things going on right now, so it should be another filled pack show. I wonder which member from The New Nexus Randy Orton will be wrestling tonight.

Also Michael Cole will be announcing his special guest refferee for his match against the King at Wrestlemania. I do hope it's not The Miz, but I have a feeling it is after Cole's promo on Smackdown.

I curious to know if Cena will reply to The Rock once again this week. This thing is getting pretty heated.

Let's use this thread to discuss tonight's episode.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Cole's ref is the Miz then that'll be a terribly boring and stupid decision. I hope its someone outside the company.

Cannot wait for Austin. I hope he's allowed to be himself like the Rock was; that would be awesome.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder if we're going to find out what's happening with Riley tonight, I really hope that he doesn't go back to FCW. I think he has a lot of potential and it's time to give him a push and see if he can carry himself.

I agree with you about the whole Miz being ref thing. It would be extremely boring, and predictable on how it's going to turn out. But to me it's pretty inevitable that it's going to be him.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmmm yeah I'm not sure what is going to go on with Riley.

Undertaker and is new terribly horrible song to start the song. Don't get me wrong I like Johnny Cash but this song for Taker is not working. Ugh. Awful.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It was a GREAT show. I was hooked to every match... no lie.

- Cena slammed The Rock with yet another rap (bleh) and then The Miz called out The Rock after slamming Cena with the belt twice and then nailed Cena with a very flattering Rock Bottom. AWWWWEEEESOOMMMMMEEEEE!

- I was surprised to see Christian on Raw, surely this was done to please the IWC, haha. He beat Brodus Clay, who I was surprised to see catering to Del Rio's needs. Maybe he will be serving as a bodyguard?

- Otunga is banned from ringside for the Orton/Punk match, leaving Mason Ryan the lone New Nexus member left besides the leader himself. Punk beat Truth tonight as well.

- Ziggler was hired to Raw, BUT NOT Vickie. Vickie has to defeat Trish Stratus next week to get hired to Raw herself. We all know she will be on Raw. Bleh. Stay on SD. I like her better there.

- THE BEST PART of the night was when Cole had his segment about the guest ref for his match against King at WM. I marked out when JBL came out. I was in awe of the moment. (Big JBL fan back in the day... haha). Then Stone Cold comes out and signs the paper after stunning JBL. Pours beer on Cole. Cole cries like a baby. AHHHH. This is great.

AshleyWilis

Registered Member
hi everyone,
What happened last night?
Can Anyone tell me ? I missed last night shows because because of some other appointments :(

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
hi everyone,
What happened last night?
Can Anyone tell me ? I missed last night shows because because of some other appointments :(
If you look at my spoilers from the post before you, you will get the jist, but you should be able to watch it online.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Last night's show was probably one of the best Raws in a while. First off, Austin, JBL and Trish are back so it makes it all the more epic. I was glad to see Brodus Clay on Raw. He's been my favorite member of this season's NXT (Btw, I still think he was robbed on NXT. He SHOULD have won). Anyone else think that Miz's promo was by far one of the best in his career so far? And what was up with David Otunga? Seriously just send his ass back to Florida. He sucks.

I hope they move Shameus to SD. With Dolph on Raw now, they only have one main event heel on SD in Alberto Del Rio. (Not counting Wade here, he's basically been a mid-carder for the last month and half). Plus, this could actually be a good career move for Shameus - they haven't exactly been using him to the best of his ability lately.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My thoughts on the results:

I Bring It...Via Satellite.

That about sums it up, what an awesome show last night.

I have to start by talking about the last segment. As he was 2 weeks ago, Cena was just bringing his A game. That promo/rap was awesome, attacking the Rock for saying he's the Peoples' Champ but that he only appears via satellite from his home. Of course I like Rocky in all of this but it's hard not to be on Cena's side, he's doing such a great job.

And the Miz came across more Awweeeesooommmeeee than usual last night. I had wondered if the "boycotting Raw" thing was fake, or if it was just a way to excuse that he had missed a flight or was stranded or something like that. Just wow...two major shots with the WWE Title to Cena, an awesome message straight into the camera to Rocky, and then a skull-crushing finale followed by the damn People's Elbow on Cena (still remembering to finish his sentence to the Rock with an Awesome, afterwards)...what can I say. If The Miz didn't prove he was supposed to be in the spot he's in (which I did think he already had done), he did it last night to the Nth degree.

Michael Cole made the performance of a lifetime. I can't even think of all of his funny quotes from last night to write down, here. Standing on the announcer's table and talking about the Diva's match being boring was so heelish. To me it didn't devalue the Divas as much as it just made Cole look like an asshole. Loved that JBL made an appearance (sorry, Bubbles, but I'm guessing it was one-time).

Stone Cold just looked like he was a kid in a damn candy store last night...looked so happy to be back. The stunners were great (especially the set-up of the second with JBL's stunned acting being a huge contribution), the mic work was great, the way he looked into the camera when saying 'Because Stone Cold Said So!' was just spot on, too. I would have liked a much longer promo, but Austin really did a perfect job. I forget how much I miss having that guy around until I see him in action like this. What?

Not sure what to think about Sheamus...I really want him to face Bryan. Millz and I had trouble guessing whether the ankle thing was legit, or whether it was just supposed to add to his recent losing ways. It seems like the latter more to me now that I think about it, because the U.S. Title match for next week must have been planned. I really hope it gets ruined and the match happens at WM. These guys proved in short time last night that they can put on a great match, and the U.S. Title (and IC title) deserves that kind of prominence. WWE needs to start pushing those belts again...they talk about their great history in one breath and then treat them like the European Title in the next.

Punk was on fire last night, as usual. Orton was especially awesome this week...coming back from what he went through and still hitting a flawless RKO, you gotta love that. The way that he was acting in the ring after punting Otunga and the way that Punk was inching towards him but backing up really reminded me of a person approaching a deadly snake. Orton is doing so well with this Viper face run, I hope it lasts for years to come.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to comment on one of my favorite parts of the show. Christian having a match, and on Raw, was unexpected and it rocked. Glad that Clay got that shot, and it made sense with Del Rio being his mentor. Cool to see Captain Charisma getting the win with the Tornado DDT on a big guy like that, it looked really good and was a nice way to win because of his size.

Double EDIT: Edge was strangely absent while Christian was assaulted after the match, even though Christian saved his butt on Smackdown...as Millz said to me "Wonder if that upset him at all?" Hmm....

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Great show, Raw keeps getting better and better. That's usually the case when Wrestlemania is around the corner though.

It was great to see JBL, he still has the stick work down path, but it was even more awesome when Stone Cold came out, they even showed him giving the finger once on TV(not sure if that was on purpose though). I drink a lot of beer, but I don't know how Austin does that. I know it's low percentage, but his stomach must be so full drinking all that amount at once. It's awesome that we'll see both Stone Cold and The Rock at Wrestlemania. Hopefully they have a meet-up in the backstage area, fans would go nuts. Cole is still annoying has hell though.

Glad to see Christian back in action, he looked good in the ring. I think they didn't have Edge come out to save him because I think after Wrestlemania will see these two feud together.

I don't know what's up with Sheamus, but it seems like he's heading to Smackdown in my opinion. I don't see him winning against Daniel Bryan.

Another member of The New Nexus goes down by Randy Orton and his boot to the head. I don't believe the same thing is going to happen to Mason Ryan. Speaking of Ryan, his neck breaker to the knee to R-Truth was really well done. It's wonderful to see.

Cena responding to The Rock was alright, I did love the t-shirt. The biggest reason I liked it was because it's so true. A lot of fans were annoyed that The Rock did his last promo from his home. I loved that they put The Miz over again, and I love how he used The Rock's catchphrase and finishing move.

All in all it was a great show.