• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: March 28, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Six days before Wrestlemania, this will be the last Raw before Wrestlemania. Should definitely be a good one since Cena/Rock/Miz are going to face off tonight, and The Rock will be there live and not via Satellite.

Punk had a bit of revenge last week after Orton has been owning The New Nexus, should be interesting to see who gets the upper hand going to Sunday.

Should be an action filled show and I cannot wait to watch it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Tonight better be epic! They need to have a great send-off to WM for me to be stoked for WM.

The Rock/Cena/Miz confrontation better be the end. I can't see it any other way.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I totally loved Punk's promo at the beginning of the show. The matches were awesome, the promos were awesome. So, it was a pretty good show. There's a few things I had a problem with...

Kane should NEVER EVER attempt to be like Santino Marella. Jesus, I think my IQ dropped by like 3 points when I saw that.

I hate Snookie... well, there's nothing new there, but seriously. The more I see her, the more she pisses me off. She sounds like a retarded toddler whore.

Still not feelin' the whole Taker/HHH thing. I dunno why tho because I thought the promo was superb. I think it's the whole Wrestlemania 17 thing that the E is avoiding. Do they really believe people don't remember that?

I thought The Rock/Cena/Miz confrontation started out pretty well, but I wasn't happy with how it ended. I wanted to see a Rock Bottom on Cena, but whatever.

Overall, pretty good show. Me likey.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't know if my words can do justice to how sickly awesome the Undertaker/HHH/HBK promo was. It was quite possibly one of the most perfect promos I've ever seen in my life. I literally had chills when it was over. Its amazing how much those guys can put over a match and they've barely been on television. I'll try and say more later.

Also, thank you for selling an injury Randall Keith Orton. AWesome opening promo from Punk and a nice beat down.

I thought John Cena's promo trumped the Rock's. He (Cena) hasn't delivered a promo that good in ages. Rock was obviously good (minus the failed kip up) but I thought Cena shined. Another ridiculously good segment.

It leaves us with many questions. Will HBK involve himself? What the hell will Rock's role be? Will Christian be inserted at Mania?

Awesome show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really don't know if my words can do justice to how sickly awesome the Undertaker/HHH/HBK promo was. It was quite possibly one of the most perfect promos I've ever seen in my life. I literally had chills when it was over. Its amazing how much those guys can put over a match and they've barely been on television. I'll try and say more later.

Also, thank you for selling an injury Randall Keith Orton. AWesome opening promo from Punk and a nice beat down.

I thought John Cena's promo trumped the Rock's. He (Cena) hasn't delivered a promo that good in ages. Rock was obviously good (minus the failed kip up) but I thought Cena shined. Another ridiculously good segment.

It leaves us with many questions. Will HBK involve himself? What the hell will Rock's role be? Will Christian be inserted at Mania?

Awesome show.
I didn't have chills (as I did with Rocky's return promo), but man that face-off was incredible. The whole HBK adding doubt to HHH was awesome, and I really liked the respect shown between HHH and Taker. It wasn't the usual corny face vs. face respect, it was gritty, realistic, and came with history. My favorite moment was probably Undertaker blocking the Sweet Chin Music and HHH just getting up in Undertaker's face for the save.

Punk was epic last night; As Millz said, Orton really sold the injury well. Awesome seeing CM Punk getting the edge on him these past two weeks, and if The Viper gets the win at Mania then doing so with an injury will really make him look good.

Cena trumped the Rock on the mic and in the ring last night. I'm definitely a bigger fan of The Rock in the grand scheme of things, but man Cena has been on fire since all of this started. He's hit a note with me about Rocky being gone, and the AA on him at the end was awesome. Great to see Rock hitting the people's elbow and a few other moves, but it's obvious that he's a little rusty. Miz did a great job as well; stumbled over a couple of words during his promo but hey, it happens. He's really looking like he deserves to be in the ring with The Great One and the Doctor of Thuganomics.

Always epic to see E&C reunited as a tag team. It's really stupid for the whole "hands off until WM" angle that Edge was allowed to compete against Alberto last night, though. It was sold to the sky on Smackdown and then canceled immediately on Raw...whassupwitdat?! I really hope that Christian is involved at Mania, and at this point I'd be surprised if he isn't. He won't be in the match, but he'll be involved.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I couldn't be more in agreement, right down to being at a loss for words. When was the last time you saw Shawn come out in DX mode when Trips had his Game face on? I don't think I ever have. HBK even did the pose! My sister and I were frozen to the spot as WWE's greatest friendship fell apart kayfabe on live TV. It'll be awesome to see where that historic angle goes.

Also, thank you for selling an injury Randall Keith Orton.
Oh damn, that was so flippin' tight. When he pitched over onto his head, I had to back it up and watch it again. What did you think of his backstage promo afterward? Even writhing in 'pain,' my impression was that he looked and sounded like some kind of real flesh-and-blood superhuman. I'll say it yet again; there isn't a finer character actor anywhere in the public eye.

Metaphorically speaking, my ass is bleeding with excitement for Sunday night.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The show was tremendous. Cena was spot-on with everything he said, and it almost looked like Rock was speechless when Cena finished. Well done segment that really showed three mini generations of WWE stars and three eras. I was sort of surprised that Cena dropped Rock with his finisher. A little stunning that they had Rock eat that one at this point.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Amazing show. The Punk/Orton segment at the beginning was golden (what with Punk isn't?) and I actually kind of enjoyed the whole angle with the Sheamus/Ziggler v. JoMo/Bryan match. Made sense, and was well executed in its length.

The end disappointed me. I would have been a lot happier with a Rock/Cena staredown instead of an AA to Rocky, but I am still stoked for Sunday.

I also like the match between The Corre and Kane/Show/Santino/Kozlov. It's about time Santino gets on a WM card. It's been a while.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Another thing that made the Taker/Trips staredown monumental was the fact that those are the two guys who stand atop the legendary locker room mountains in real life. As a result, they've tangled only rarely. For the workers and others familiar with WWE life, the feud has that added dimension.
------
KSF's post reminded me of Kane blowing the tard trumpet after Team Cobra's victory. That was hilarious, but I doubt we'll be seeing it in a highlight reel any time soon.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's about time Santino gets on a WM card. It's been a while.
Santino won the Diva's battle royal at Wrestlemania 25! Are we not counting that? :cool:

Anyway, again, I liked the Taker/HHH/HBK segment the most. Shawn saying, "I'm sorry, you can't win," was perfect. Shawn's facial expressions were perfect. I miss him haha. Best Triple H promo maybe, well, ever. Everybody was on their game so to speak last night. I'm pumped. This show got me excited.