• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: June 6, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Two weeks away from the next Pay Per View and they still haven't announced one match for it, hopefully that changes tonight.

Should be an interesting show, like last week I'm looking forward to see what's next for Riley and The Miz. The Miz got his hands early by attacking Alex from behind, but he was able to change things around and beat up on The Miz once again.

Should be interesting to see if the feud between Truth and Cena continues tonight. Truth sneaked a win last week and then threw a soft drink in a fans face.

Looking forward to tonight's program.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've been enjoying Raw lately, Riley and Truth have really turned the show around (I know Riley is probably Smackdown-bound after this program with Miz, and I'm all good with that).

I still hope that Dolph/Kofi doesn't continue, I know Dolph would make a great U.S. Champ and I don't disagree with that, but it feels so much like "Been there, done that."

And as usual, I'm hoping that Zack Ryder (or the Major Broskis) has a MATCH on Raw, not just a backstage appearance.

Miz has to get a one-up on Riley this week, right? It would be insane if Riley outshines him for a 3rd week in a row.

Truth has to apologize to the fans for what he did to that "fan" in attendance at last week's Raw if he wants his title shot at Capitol Punishment...should be entertaining to say the least!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My thoughts on the show:

Raw had some huge redeeming qualities and also some setbacks, it was a very give and take episode.

The good:

--Starting the show overlapping with the Tough Enough finale, with Vince and SCSA in the ring. It just made TE feel bigger than it has ever felt before. I was putting myself in Andy and Luke's shoes and thinking "oh ****, we're on Raw right now..." Cool start to the show, even if it involved going over on time.

--The actual start to the show, with Truth being an insane genius and Miz, A-Ry, Cena all getting in the ring with SCSA and Vince. Again, having the latter two there made the interaction feel big. Truth was the hightlight, but A-Ry is one of my favorite acts in the WWE right now. He reminds me of Orton after he left Evolution, and I love it.

--Zack Ryder on Raw! Woo Woo Woo, You Know it! I'm not surprised an ounce that he lost, but having him out there with Dolph is a big deal. The guys are actually buddies out on the real world, so I'd like to see more interactions from them. Dolph was hilarious on commentary. The feud between Kofi and Dolph is starting to win me over again after last night for some reason. It makes me think of when Booker T and Chris Benoit (touchy bringing him up, I know) had such a long term feud at that level in WCW...sometimes when the same guys know each other really well and keep fighting it can (1) produce better and better matches and (2) make the U.S. Title look good. I'm not 100% behind it, but I'm much more behind it than I was before.

--Booker T having a match...definitely made me miss having the guy full time on the roster. I was telling Millz, bring him back again and just put Nash on commentary! lol. But as a fan of Evan Bourne, it was really cool to see him coming in at the end and having that interaction with King Bookah.

--The main event was entertaining, and again just cool to see Riley involved at that level with his feud with Miz. Having Austin as ref made it a lot of fun.

The not so good:

--Rey vs. Punk again. These matches feel like they have no purpose, and even though Punk is a favorite of mine I just wasn't interested. Did the WWE just feel guilty for having Rey actually lose a match and decided to do it again this week?

--The Divas Match. I'm happy Beth got the win, but after Kharma leaving it just all feels crappy again.

--Santino beating McGillicutty. Really? They misuse McGillicutty so much, haha, it sucks. If this is just a way to get Santino/Kozlov another title shot, fine, but don't make it a clean pin with the stupid ass Cobra. And why not give another tag team a shot? *cough Broskis cough* I'm sick of Santinolov. I want Kozlov to turn heel on Santino in the worst way.

--I'm sorry, but Alberto's feud with Show is just an afterthought to me.

And that's that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just a thought for now.

I wonder if they were trying to telegraph the GM's actions as being Cole's. Cole angrily announces that Cena and Riley are DQ'd because of Austin's favortism, then backtracks when he's threatened by Austin and almost immediately announces that Austin will be the GM next week before he gets his ass kicked.

Of course, the only time the GM has reversed a decision because of a biased ref were the two times Austin was ref, he didn't do it when Bret Hart cheated for Rey Mysterio in the Raw main event after Backlash or Over the Limit or whatever the last one was. If they're paying attention, maybe that's a sign that the GM has some beef with Austin, be it Cole or someone else (it could theoretically be McMahon, but why wouldn't he be every bit as anxious to reverse Hart?)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good catch Tucker, I didn't even notice it when I first saw the match. This isn't the first time Cena does this, I notice that he does it quite often, but this one was the worse I've seen thus far.