• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: June 27, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tonight Raw will be live from Las Vegas, and it will be Raw Roulette tonight. Shawn Michaels will also be on the show this evening. I've always liked the concept of Raw Roulette so I'm interested to see what type of matches they will have tonight.

I'm interested to see if Punk is going to talk more about him leaving the WWE, I really hope he does.

Use this thread to discuss the show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I always love Raw Roulette...I think it's completely staged, but I love the idea and randomness of it all.

We'll definitely be hearing more from CM Punk about leaving the WWE, and I can't wait...this feud with Cena will be a lot of fun every Monday. I'm expecting a face-off between the two tonight; you know Cena will be talking about how much he loves the WWE and won't let the title leave the company. I'd also really like to see how this sits with the Nexus...will this be the issue that breaks them up, or will they go along with Punk and keep the "faith?"

I have a feeling we'll be seeing some MitB qualifying matches tonight, or at least hearing initial talk about it.

I still can't believe that we don't know who the anonymous GM is yet... lol
------
Also, we've got Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara tonight because of the messed up voting during "Power to the People" last week.

Intriguing match! Has potential to be awesome, but my current stance is that you never know with Sin Cara and live TV. I've still been seeing obvious edits in his matches on SD. Still, as a fan I'm pulling for Bourne to get the win!
------
This is the official picture of the wheel they'll be using tonight:

WWE: Homepage > TV Shows > Raw > Raw: June 27, 2011 > Raw Roulette Wheel 2011

I have a feeling we'll definitely see the "blast from the past" match, and I'm curious what the "?" means. I'm hoping there's no pillow fight...I'd like to see better stuff, like submission match, being used.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
After watching RAW the only thing I feel compelled to comment on is the end of the show with the worked shoot by CM Punk. It was quite possibly the best promo in the last 10 years...or ever.

John Canton said it best...

I can't do that Punk promo justice. It was terrific. He broke kayfabe a bit, sure, but obviously it was part of the script. I liked the "realness" of the end where the microphone got shut off. It makes it look legit. It adds something to the show that usually isn’t there. It was the kind of ending that you never see. It reminds me a bit of Bret Hart's expletive filled rants in 1997 to start the Attitude Era actually, but obviously there wasn't cursing here. It was the same kind of tone, though. You got to hear Punk's point of view. It worked perfectly. That's the kind of promo that needs to be watched over and over. It was magnificent.
Nothing else mattered on the show tonight because the end was so good.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I guess now every year Raw has one memorable show that leaves you thinking about it and replaying it over and over in your head...CM Punk just gave us that moment.

He's the new Stone Cold Steve Austin. Dare I say he could be better? I wonder if him wearing Austin's shirt had to do with the Straight-Edge conflict, or if it was more poetically the sign of CM Punk rising from "pushing the envelope rebel" to "The biggest rebel in the last 5 years of wrestling, if not more, that just lit the envelope on fire."

I'd quote tweets from other wrestlers and wrestling personalities, such as JR and Colt Cabana, but there are just too many. CM Punk has not only blown my mind, he's blown the business' mind.

One thought I had at the end of all that is that CM Punk is going to turn himself into a face...I mean with that, and then with having a title shot in his hometown? It's just nuts. But he's the best heel in the business today, so it's tough to know whether I'd be happy with that or not.

The WWE made a great decision in letting Punk shoot like that. Punk's a genius in what he said. Because we all, as internet wrestling fans, know that he was a little frustrated. But the way he magnified all of that, named Johnny Ace/HHH/Steph, etc. in my mind is so shaded between true shoot and overblowing our perception that it's just genius. That's all I can say.
------
CM Punk was "suspended"

WWE: Homepage > TV Shows > Raw > Raw: June 27, 2011 > WWE Chairman Vince McMahon suspends CM Punk

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon suspends CM Punk

June 27, 2011

Tags: Raw: June 27, 2011, CM Punk

Monday Night Raw’s abrupt conclusion last night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:

“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”

With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You know why Vince McMahon is not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handing, non-sensical, douchebag yes-men like John Laurinaitis who are going to tell him everything that he wants to hear. I'd like to think that maybe this company would be better after Vince McMahon's dead but the fact is its gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Need I say more?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
My respect for CM Punk went up about 100 notches more – everything he said, needed to be said. And he’s right, no one can touch him when it comes to talent. He is, apart from maybe Daniel Bryan, the only REAL wrestler in the WWE today. That promo he cut tonight was off the charts. That promo might even top some of the best moments from the Attitude Era. It was simply epic.

Either that was the best sell I’ve ever seen or he might be leaving a lot sooner that MiTB. Who knows, maybe this "suspension" is just a work. Although, I highly doubt it.

Oh and the rest of RAW pretty much sucked. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I definitely think it's a work, Bubz...they would have cut him off much sooner if it wasn't, and the mic cut-off and going to black was perfectly timed.

I totally agree with you, might have been one of the best promos of all time.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I agree, it could very well be a work, which means the WWE creative team finally grew a fucking pair and made the storylines edgy again. I dunno, but for me, it’s hard to tell at this point. Although, I did pick up on a few things in CM Punk’s rant, that he’s complained about in interviews in real life, which makes me think that he is genuinely pissed off. Plus, he’s had that whole “What’re they gonna do? Fire me?” attitude for a while now. So, whose to say... Whatever the case, the promo is the best I’ve ever seen. I’ll even go as far as calling it the Mona Lisa of all wrestling promos; Last time anyone cut a promo that awesome on TV was when Paul Heyman (oddly enough) blasted Vince back in 2001.

I've watched it for the 4th time, and I actually really wanna know what he was gonna say about the “anti-bullying” campaign.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am wrapping this in spoilers because I know that Ruth has not more than likely watched RAW yet. I was doing homework last night, and when I put the TV on Raw during the main event with Cena and R Truth, I came so close to turning the channel. Boy am I glad that I didn't. When CM Punk came out and gave that promo, I literally creamed my pants. **Not really**. It was the most awesome promo since I know when. It was better than any Mick Foley promos. Better than Stone Cold's promos, and yes this promo even beat all of Flair's promos in my eyes. It was that good. The first thing I noticed when he came out to the ring, was that he was wearing a Stone Cold tshirt. I though he was going to challenge Austin, but he didn't, but instead he ripped Cena, Hogan, and The Rock up with just one line. I think he is my new favorite wrestler. What a hell of a promo.