• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: July 4th

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since it's July 4th, I'm sure the WWE is going to do something to celebrate. None the less, I'm looking forward to see what's next with CM Punk, we all know that he's been suspended indefinitely so I'm curious to see if he's going to be on Raw or not.

Raw was really good last week from what I saw, hopefully they keep this up since they're on a good roll right now.

Use this thread to discuss tonight's show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's exciting with Punk because I really can't guess if he'll show up at Raw like the renegade he is or if he'll actually be gone this week.

What sucks is that they're doing another triple threat match to determine the number one contender because of Punk's suspension...it'll be between Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, and R-Truth. I really hope that in all of this Punk finds a way to be in the title match at the PPV in Chicago.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way Punk isn't in the title picture, I wouldn't be surprised if the match was a triple threat though. I believe you'll agree with me on this one, but I much rather see a single's match between Punk and Cena then a triple threat. I have a feeling that we'll see something like Punk bought a ticket for the show and he somehow makes himself to the ring during the main event match. I believe something along those lines are bound to happen.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
There's no way Punk isn't in the title picture, I wouldn't be surprised if the match was a triple threat though. I believe you'll agree with me on this one, but I much rather see a single's match between Punk and Cena then a triple threat. I have a feeling that we'll see something like Punk bought a ticket for the show and he somehow makes himself to the ring during the main event match. I believe something along those lines are bound to happen.
Yeah, I do agree...if Punk is the hottest commodity in all of professional wrestling at this point in time - which he is - having a singles' match at MitB is the only thing that makes sense to me.

And yeah, he has to be there lol...after last week, ratings will be up for sure...if he doesn't show up, they'll go down next week. I'm curious to see how he'll pull it off, the "buying a ticket" thing is classic, but I sometimes expect something more original out of CM Punk.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it makes sense to stage a new #1 contender's match since what happened with Punk; definitely a believable thing to happen.

I wonder if someone like Triple H will show back up and address this or Vinnie Mac...or someone in that family. There's still a lot of intrigue with this situation.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
There's also the fact that it's 4th of July here in the States...so some chunk of time will probably be taken up by something stupid, like a divas pie eating contest. Shows around the holidays always suffer from those distractions, though.

...Not that kind of pie, Dwayne.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Now CM Punk is "suspended", what does this mean? Well, I think he will be reinstated tonight at some point. Cena's going to use the keyword "RESPECT" about a thousand times and say that he wants nothing more than to face the guy that disrespected the company and make sure he doesn't leave the WWE with the title.

Otherwise, I don't see much happening of note. Del Rio will probably win the Triple Threat #1 Contender match because that will put him in line for the title shot at SummerSlam... which I have been pulling for since the draft.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Okay, I just got done watching the Raw encore. There’s a couple of things I wanted to comment on, so I`ll wrap up the rest of my post in spoiler tags.

Here’s the thing, from what I gather, this whole angle with CM Punk and Cena... wasn’t it supposed to make CM Punk out to be this folk hero who was wronged and denied his rights? I’m uneasy with the fact that John Cena’s defending Punk’s rights to free speech thus making Cena look better than Punk and somehow more above him. It’s incredibly subtle, but it’s there (or at least I’m seeing it.) However, I think it’s fair that I point out that I hate John Cena, so my opinion may or may not be incredibly biased. Another thing that REALLY bothers me about this angle is that we all know that Super Cena is not gonna lose at MiTB, so where exactly are they going with this?

All in all, I think tonight’s Raw was a dippy downer compared to last week’s, but then again there’s not much they really could’ve done to top last weeks promo. As far as the matches go, I think A-Ry vs. The Miz was awesome. I’ve never given Riley the credit, but he’s definitely mainevent material. I wouldn’t be surprised if the WWE put a major championship on him in the next couple of years. Also, I loved the triple threat match. I’m actually very curious to see how ADR and his contendership fit into all of this.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I’m actually very curious to see how ADR and his contendership fit into all of this.
I think he will protest CM Punk's reinstatement, and then just give up and wait for after MitB.

I loved the show. For a taped show from last week, it did feel like a downer, but it was a good show nonetheless. The last segment was great, especially.