• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: July 25th, 2016

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Discuss tonight's Raw here. Post-PPV and the first Raw after the draft. Should be a really fun show tonight. A few random thoughts:

--Is it weird that I wish they'd just give the WHC to Seth Rollins like they did to HHH? Or in a big twist, to heel Roman Reigns? I think it would be a fun and poetic sort of way to bring the title back. I love a good tourney, but it would just be fun to have our champ now.

--I hope that now, and at every Women's match, the fans chant for Bayley until she's called up full time.

--I really want Balor to join The Club with Gallows and Anderson. I honestly don't think it's going to happen, he's too big of a potential face and merch seller haha. He's great either way and I'm excited for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm looking forward to see which direction they go with Balor. My guess is that he's going to feud with Owens(just a wild guess here) and I think it would be pretty awesome if that was the case.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
New RAW theme by Shinedown, I like it and I like the new video package look. So the announcers aren't at ringside anymore? Whatever's clever.

4everKnicksLife

Registered Member
Sasha Banks as new Women's Champion. Finn Balor defeating Roman Reigns. Great episode of Raw imo. Finn Balor is great. He's so exciting to watch and I'm glad he won. Balor vs. Seth Rollins at Summerslam is gonna be so good and I'm so excited for it. It should be a really good match.
The Women's Title match between Charlotte and Sasha Banks. The women's division is so good and full of talent.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Other than that awkward moment with the fan plant with The New Day, I enjoyed everything about this RAW. Hearing Michael Cole mentioning Finn Balor's history with New Japan was a breath of fresh air. And what an awesome Women's Championship match. The genuine emotion in both Sasha & Charlotte's faces were priceless, along with Sasha pulling an Eddie Guerrero in the match. Best women's match on TV on RAW in years.

Plus, Finn Balor making a huge statement and he's now set to face Seth Rollins at Summerslam for that new WWE Universal Championship. It truly is a new era!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Balor won clean!

Nice job Roman, you really fucked up.

Hell of a Raw. One of the better ones I've seen in a long time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hands down the best RAW of 2016...maybe even in years. I loved basically everything about it.

The little things...like interviews after matches. That's a good touch! New camera angles, new song (love Shinedown), less authority.

And of course Sasha Banks and Finn Balor...they stole the show. Lots of WRESTLING on this show. Love it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sasha and Finn were the highlights of the show. I was texting Millz during Raw as we often do, and I was needing to shower for work the next day. I watched about 1/2 to 3/4 of Sasha's match but assumed that it wouldn't happen. Millz was like "yeah she'll probably win at Summerslam." So I showered and of course missed my favorite woman wrestler becoming champ for the first time haha. I'm stoked for her. I don't expect Balor to win the Universal Championship (trying to say that a lot so I get used to it, yikes) but this is a huge spot for him after a debut. He's going to be a huge star.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Haven't seen as many positive comments about Smackdown tonight that I've seen for RAW last night. Especially knowing that Dolph Ziggler went over and will be facing Dean Ambrose for the WWE Championship at Summerslam.

But overall, it's been a pretty good first week to get us excited for the future. Let's just hope they keep the momentum going in the weeks to come.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
RAW was better, that's for sure. Smackdown was fine.

I was happy with the Ziggler win but hope it leads t o a heel turn. Glad Benjamin is coming back but not having American Alpha on the first show is brainless.