• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: July 11th

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
CM Punk is no longer suspended, what will happen tonight? I'm really looking forward to see what's next for Punk. Cena stood for him last week, which I didn't like all that much since they're suppose to be feuding with each other. Maybe Cena will explain why tonight.

I'm wondering if Riley is going to try and get some revenge on The Miz after that brutal attack last week. Riley won the match, but The Miz attacked him from behind afterwards and did some damage.

Raw as been pretty good lately, I hope tonight is no different.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think last week's show definitely suffered without Punk. It'll be great to have him back, and we'll have to soak it up in case he won't be around for a while after the PPV. I really hope that he is around...I think that the best thing the WWE could do right now is (1) Have Punk win, so that we have a "what next" storyline with him and wanting to leave WWE with the title and (2) Have Cena "fired" at the PPV, so again we'll have a "what's next" vibe going. Turning things upside down is exactly what Punk did with his famous promo, and continuing with that kind of storyline would be in Vince's best interests IMO. I know that people have been saying Punk's really going to break for a while, but you never know for sure.

I really don't like how they made it about "Cena standing up for Punk's rights." It, as usual, tries to focus on Cena (they replayed the crap with him and Vince all week) and makes Punk share the spotlight. They should have had Cena pissed at Punk for badmouthing his company and his role in it, and gotten Vince to bring him back for that reason.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a couple of random MitB competitor match-ups, which is fine. There's a decent field this year on the Raw side, so it should be fun when these happen. I'd like to see R-Truth vs. A-Ry, personally. But like BR said, any time we can see A-Ry getting revenge on Miz it's pretty fun.

Ziggy

Sup?
Cena stands up for everyone.

That's his role I guess.

I sort of liked Cena's promo, it felt kind of genuine.

But yer, I can't wait for this week's raw because I have a feeling Punk is going to give us another great promo. He'll probably be annoyed that Cena stood up for him and act like he didn't want any charity from Cena.

RAW has been getting better lately and I actually don't want CM Punk to win anymore funnily enough. WWE already did a Cena being "fired" angle.

However, it would be kind of cool if CM Punk wins and stays in the WWE and completely dominates over the competition with the help of the NN. Then Vince has no choice but to bring back John Cena since he almost beat the original nexus.

Something along those lines.

viLky

ykLiv
I've missed the past two months of RAW. I believe the last RAW and SmackDown! I saw was when Orton went to SmackDown!. Yes... SmackDown! - Guess I can assume that he is hogging the spotlight without even updating myself, aye? =(

After reading Ziggy's post it seems nothing major has changed on RAW. Too bad, for some reason I imagined Brock or Angle returned while I was missing out. *sniff*

Oh, speaking of being away, I heard that Randy Savage passed. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I wanted Vince (or Randy, or Steph, or Triple H) to forgive one and other and have Randy return to satisfy my urge to see him. Now my list is narrowed down to this:

- Ultimate Warrior
- Scott Hall

Oh... please Scott, PLEASE!! return. :')

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've missed the past two months of RAW. I believe the last RAW and SmackDown! I saw was when Orton went to SmackDown!. Yes... SmackDown! - Guess I can assume that he is hogging the spotlight without even updating myself, aye? =(

After reading Ziggy's post it seems nothing major has changed on RAW. Too bad, for some reason I imagined Brock or Angle returned while I was missing out. *sniff*

Oh, speaking of being away, I heard that Randy Savage passed. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I wanted Vince (or Randy, or Steph, or Triple H) to forgive one and other and have Randy return to satisfy my urge to see him. Now my list is narrowed down to this:

- Ultimate Warrior
- Scott Hall

Oh... please Scott, PLEASE!! return. :')
Welcome back, Vilky! Glad to see you posting again, keep it up man.

To update you, this is the major talk of Raw right now. CM Punk (number one contender) is threatening to leave the company with the WWE Title when his contract expires (almost legit). This is the promo that made Punk the talk of the entire wrestling world:

YouTube - ‪CM Punk Shoot On RAW 06/27/2011‬‏

Tonight will be his "last Raw." It remains to be seen if he'll really be leaving - for a while or for good - after the PPV. Things are keeping everyone on their toes and on the edges of their seats right now!

Ziggy

Sup?
Brock Lesner just left as you came back, too bad.

But CM Punk has made things a lot more interesting and after you watch that promo you'll know why. He is genuinely pissed off with the company and it's so awesome, or maybe he's tricking us all. He has me fooled.

viLky

ykLiv
Thanks for the welcome and update, Unity! ^.~

I watched the video and is it "allowed" in the WWE to have wrestlers use "wrestle", "Paul Heyman", "Brock Lesnar", "Hulk Hogan" and to semi-bash Seph and Hunter? I can understand Punk bashing Triple H and Steph, but wasn't there some of report about banning the word wrestling and avoiding talking about past workers... especially if they now work for TNA? Forgive me, I still need to get caught up on what's happening in the WWE, it's been awhile.

I really liked that promo. It was very Attitude Era-ist. That glimer of hope always keeps me coming back. :eek:)

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
CM Punk opening the show with megaphone was simply awesome. CM Punk’s segments were great, so the rest of the show kinda paled in comparison, for me at least.

MiTB Promo was great. I loved how Kofi payed a little tribute to Edge. Also, I was literally in stitches at Michael Cole laughing at Truth’s arachnophobia. ADR’s post match offense was great. Even though, I want Kingston to win, I’m pretty sure ADR’s got this locked down.

Punk/McMahon Promo was epic. CM Punk was on dead on about everything he said. It was a great promo, very Attitude Era-esq, until of course, John Cena shows his FACE. Him and stupid Bostonian accent was a total buzz-kill. I love how the thing that set Cena off was the “New York Yankees” comment. I think, for me, the icing on the cake was Punk saying “I’ll be the best in world somewhere else.” Anyways, whatever the case is with CM Punk, I’ll still be a fan and I follow independent promotions anyways. So him leaving the WWE for say, Ring of Honor or New Japan Pro is okay with me.

Also, I was totally loving the Colt Cabana chants from the crowd.

Overall, I think Raw had some great promos and the matches were decent as well. And considering it might be Punk’s last Raw appearance, I give it a 9/10 – yep, that’s the highest I’ve ever rated a Raw episode. Good job, E.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The wrestling itself was horrible, but the talking was great.

We all know, though, that the Attitude Era is not coming back for a long time. Punk was just echoing his feelings all night now, and to be honest, it got rather repetitive. Although, I did love the ice cream bars statement, and the reaction the crowd had to that.