• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: January 31, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tonights Raw should be a good one, especially coming of Royal Rumble. I won't go into much detail, but there's a lot that happened last night at the Pay Per View which is going to make for some interesting storylines tonight.

Should be a great show.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am excited to see the fallout show from the Rumble as well. So much potential.

After last night, I am certain that we will see two RAW feuds come out of it. One of which will be for the WWE title.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Post-PPV shows, be it Raw, Impact, or Smackdown, are always the best in my book. Post Royal Rumble is one of the top examples of that! Should be an exciting show, with feuds beginning to build and get deeper.

We're getting some bad weather in St. Louis, so I'm hoping for a class cancellation tonight. It would be a good Raw to be at home watching!

From The Rumble:

Do you guys think we'll be seeing things shifting from Punk/Cena to Punk/Orton and Cena/Miz as things move forward? After what happened at the Rumble I'm pretty curious about it all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spoilers from Rumble:

I believe that it only makes sense to change the feuds, and after both attacks it seems like that's where the WWE wants to go. The attack of Orton by Nexus came as a huge surprised to me, because they never really attacked him in the past. I think Orton vs Punk is an interesting feud, and in all honesty I truly believe that the WWE want to wait for the Cena/Punk feud. I think they sort of regret starting it, which is why they're going in a different direction right now

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Spoilers from Rumble:

I believe that it only makes sense to change the feuds, and after both attacks it seems like that's where the WWE wants to go. The attack of Orton by Nexus came as a huge surprised to me, because they never really attacked him in the past. I think Orton vs Punk is an interesting feud, and in all honesty I truly believe that the WWE want to wait for the Cena/Punk feud. I think they sort of regret starting it, which is why they're going in a different direction right now
Spoilers from the Rumble:

I agree about the switch making sense. Orton is a one man wrecking crew, which makes him pretty much perfect to be a solo star feuding with a heel stable by himself. Plus, Cena already took on the Nexus. I think it's a more refreshing take on it all, even though I liked Cena vs. Punk on paper. I could see Cena/Punk happening again, but down the line. Either if Cena gets the title and Punk wants it, or even further away than that (even after The New Nexus is past history). Cena vs. Punk is a good feud, as is Punk vs. Orton. Whatever works sounds good to me.

Cena vs. Miz makes a lot of sense for a good WM match, albeit a predictable one. Miz came onto Raw and made a name for himself at Cena's expense (sort of), which led to his rise to the WWE title. Cena as the good guy winning the belt will probably happen at WM, and it makes sense. Miz has been a sort of "cowardly champ" character, and having the superman good guy winning it from him after months of questionable wins is classic.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wanted to add to my thoughts on last week's show that I hated Del Rio's beginning. I liked how Del Rio did it, but it's absolutely stupid to have a "celebration" that makes me feel like I'm watching JBL. Del Rio is unique (and probably is already better than JBL in a lot of ways). Make his promos unique, too.