• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: January 3, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tonight we have a Fall Count Anywhere title match between John Morrison and The Miz. Like I've mentioned in the Royal Rumble thread, I do believe something is going to happen in this match and they'll have a rematch at RR. I do believe it's going to be a good match though. I wonder if John Cena will be there this week, we all know about his injury, but that doesn't mean he can't cut a promo.

Should be a good overall show, well I do hope it is. Let's use this thread to discuss Raw.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am hopeful for tonights show, for sure. The Miz and Morrison should be given 20 min to a half hour for their match tonight unless there is some interference. I would love to see Cena there tonight for some fallout from last week, but they may book it differently given his injury.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Miz and Morrison can definitely put on a great match, especially since they know each other so well.

(Obviously from my avatar/sig) I'm really looking forward to CM Punk and The Nexus' part of the show. I hope Punk explains his intentions in more depth, and I hope we find out the fate of Wade Barrett.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm really looking forward to CM Punk and The Nexus' part of the show. I hope Punk explains his intentions in more depth,
Most likely.

and I hope we find out the fate of Wade Barrett.
Maybe next week. The E will probably give him some time off tonight. Most likely wrong. Would be nice to see him again, though.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Nexus is going to beat the shit out of Cena to explain the cause of the injury tonight. If they don't do that and give some lame excuse of why Cena is out, I will be very disappointed once again.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Nexus is going to beat the shit out of Cena to explain the cause of the injury tonight. If they don't do that and give some lame excuse of why Cena is out, I will be very disappointed once again.
I agree. With a little over an hour, the hype is mounting.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm mostly wondering about Cena/Nexus and also what Wade Barrett has to say.

The Miz/Morrison match should be awesome as well.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm mostly wondering about Cena/Nexus and also what Wade Barrett has to say.
As long as Barrett doesn't go face, I am interested in what he says.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Here are my thoughts of the first Raw of the year:

Awesome! :shocked: I was a little disappointed with the Cena angle but it was covered up pretty nicely, I just hope that Barrett doesn't turn face. Morrison and The Miz match is going to to be hard to top off this year, not to mention the cage match was pretty solid as well. And it was great to see the Bellas rasslin'. Yes I did watch their match and they looked better than they did before.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall good first show. Little disappointed that the Morrison/Miz match was a curtain jerker meaning it was the first match of the night. The match itself was amazing, Morrison had some amazing spots, when he crashed into that table I was like "holy shit". He was agressive and I loved every minute of it.

The Cage match itself was great, the CM Punk spot in the match was good, but I didn't like how they made him try to climb the cage when the door was clearly right there and both Orton and Sheamus were down. I know it's just a small little thing, but it shouldn't of happened that way. It would of work just as effectively if they had Punk slam the door in his face instead.

Michael Cole screwed up so many times, and made an ass of himself when he tried correcting himself. The WWE have to make a decision on him, is he a heel or a face. This is getting beyond rediculous.

The match between Del Rio and Truth was alright, there was a point during the match that looked they were really going at it. Like the old matches between Regal and Goldberg real. Having Del Rio on Raw just proves that the WWE are really high on him and he's going to get push to the moon this year.