• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: February 7, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looking forward to tonights show. Not really excited about the Lawler/Miz feud but other than that there's a lot of interesting stuff going on right now. I do wonder if we'll see another promo of that 22/02/11, I do hope so. I also wonder if we'll see another inductee in the Hall of Fame.

Use this thread to discuss Monday Night Raw.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
More development of Orton vs. The New Nexus is reason enough for me to be exciting about tuning in. Last week I got to watch because class was cancelled on account of snow. This week I'm sick and missing class, lol.

I keep wondering about new HoF members as well...I know that HBK is big but it's time for another announcement. I'd think it would be this week, but who really knows.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I too am excited for the possibilities regarding Punk/Orton. I wonder what Orton's "consequences" for punting Husky are...

Also, I hope to God that there are some developments in the Divas division. Kong debut soon?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Vince McMahon will be on the show tonight...

This is getting good...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I recently read that McMahon will be on tonight's program. Not really surprised since The Road to Wrestlemania has started. I do wonder what he'll be doing there, will he have some special announcement for us? I'm glad Vince isn't on the show all the time anymore, but I do miss seeing him on the show. He brings a lot to the table.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I am not really sure WHY he's there...he hasn't been on the show since the Nexus destroyed him. Unless you count the time he woke up from his uh, coma, haha.

Maybe he'll call out Nexus? Wonder if he'll be getting into a program or if he'll just hype Tough Enough or something. Regardless McMahon being on the show in any capacity garners my interest. I miss him too but you're right too much of him isn't good either.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I hope that McMahon announces that they will unify the world titles at some point before or at RassleMania.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Meh. It was meh last night...

Vince announced that next week he will announce next week the GUEST HOST of Wrestlemania.... Really? Really? Really really? Ugh.

The show as a whole was focused around the whole New Nexus. Each member of the New Nexus was forced to face a member of the EC match at the EC PPV. I guess the matches were pulled off well, but I was disappointed to say the least. Hennig (I will never call him that McGilla-whatever name) had an odd match with JoMo as did the other members of the New Nexus with their respective EC participants. Even Punk/Cena didn't work as planned, I think. Punk's persona drove that match.

The opening was the best for sure! Seeing Vinnie Mac was great (despite my disdain with his announcement of an announcement) and the Orton/Punk promo was intense to say the least. God, Orton broke Punk's nose!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
There were a few really cool parts to the show, a few downers.

I really liked: McMahon announcing a guest host (if chosen wisely it could be a big draw for people that are only semi-fans). Punk during the whole show...as Millz put it, "Punk owns this show!" Orton and Punk at the beginning. If anyone should be feuding for a title at WM, it's these two. At this stage of their careers, they're both at the top. Sorry Miz, but you and Cena will be much more boring and less intense.

I disliked: McGillicutty not getting the win. Why couldn't Punk have sprayed John Morrison during the match and Michael could have gotten his finisher and a pin? He deserves that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall it was an average show. The opening between Orton and The New Nexus was pretty good. I loved it that they didn't have a medic rush into the ring to wipe off the blood from CM Punk's nose, also that he still had the blood on his tape at the end of the show.

Mason Ryan didn't perform well in his first real match on Raw, and I was surprised that he used a submission for his finisher. That said, I doubt we'll see that often.

The Del Rio vs Santino match was fairly entertaining, I'm surprised that Santino was able to get a few good shots in. Loved the intensity that he showed too.

The promo between The Miz and Lawler was really good, The Miz made The King look awesome in that promo, and it probably helped get a few more fans excited about the match they'll have at the Elimination Chamber.

Not surprised that the Punk vs Cena match was short. I believe that they didn't want to give Punk a lot of minutes because he broke his nose.