• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: February 14, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tonight we find out who the Guest Host for Wrestlemania is going to be. There's been a lot of speculation going on since Vince made the announcement on Monday, so I'm definitely pumped to know who it is. I do hope it's someone worth while.

The New Nexus pretty much took care of every participant in the Elimination Chamber except John Cena. I wonder if they're going to try to injure them some more tonight.

Should be a great entertaining show. Let's use this thread to talk about it.

The King probably won't be at the show tonight since his mother passed away this weekend.

http://www.wrestlingnewsarena.com/2011/02/jerry-lawlers-mother-passes-away/

RIP

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sorry to hear about King's loss...I'm sure that will make Elimination Chamber an emotional experience for him.

Always looking forward to Nexus' part in the show. Cena definitely has a target on his back.

I have class tonight, so I'll have to try to catch the show online later...bummer.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely can't wait to find out who the guest host is going to be. I hope they let us know at the beginning of the show so I don't have to wait haha.

Sucks the King won't be there so they could further the feud. Good chance for Josh Matthews to shine again though.

Always interested in what the New Nexus is up too as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly I really like Josh Matthews. He's not perfect, but he doesn't look out of place either. I don't mind when he replaces Jerry Lawler on Raw from time to time, and he's always been enjoyable on Smackdown and NXT(for the most part).

I think eventually he'll get a full-time gig on Raw, and he'll definitely excel at it.

I agree with you Millz, I do hope they don't let us down with the annoucement of the Guest Host, but for some reason I think it's going to be a huge name. Possibly Goldberg? Maybe.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly I really like Josh Matthews. He's not perfect, but he doesn't look out of place either. I don't mind when he replaces Jerry Lawler on Raw from time to time, and he's always been enjoyable on Smackdown and NXT(for the most part).

I think eventually he'll get a full-time gig on Raw, and he'll definitely excel at it.

I agree with you Millz, I do hope they don't let us down with the annoucement of the Guest Host, but for some reason I think it's going to be a huge name. Possibly Goldberg? Maybe.
I am hoping for someone like Goldberg, Rock or Lesnar. If it's any one of those three I'll be extremely excited. Or Sting, but I don't see that one happening. It needs to be big. McMahon is keeping it on the hush around the offices so it's gotta be big. I mean Ted Turner would be big but I'd like it to be one of those other guys. Or Dean Malenko but I'm a mark for him, haha.

I do agree on Josh Matthews. I think he really got a chance to prove himself on NXT with Cole when they pretty much did whatever they wanted together. We got to see his personality shine. It was so funny when Cole and him were playing games on their blackberries instead of watching the matches haha. Easy choice to replace Grisham with Matthews on Smackdown. Hope he keeps getting a look on RAW.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I am hoping for someone like Goldberg, Rock or Lesnar. If it's any one of those three I'll be extremely excited. Or Sting, but I don't see that one happening. It needs to be big. McMahon is keeping it on the hush around the offices so it's gotta be big. I mean Ted Turner would be big but I'd like it to be one of those other guys. Or Dean Malenko but I'm a mark for him, haha.

I do agree on Josh Matthews. I think he really got a chance to prove himself on NXT with Cole when they pretty much did whatever they wanted together. We got to see his personality shine. It was so funny when Cole and him were playing games on their blackberries instead of watching the matches haha. Easy choice to replace Grisham with Matthews on Smackdown. Hope he keeps getting a look on RAW.
I'm very confused on the host name...because part of me says mass appeal and they'll pick a celebrity. Part of me says the bigger draw for wrestling fans - who would be the ones buying in the first place - would be a big name like The Rock, SCSA, etc. Excited to hear!

Josh Matthews is the man, I'm really happy for him. I agree that he has a bright future. Plus he's a lot funnier than I would have expected...I give him credit because of the first Tough Enough, actually. He really showed that he loves the business during that show.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
RIP to Kings mom, not expecting much from this show tonight because rumor has it that the old Price is Right guy is going to be the host at Wrestlemania...hope not.

EDIT: Three matches have been announced for tonight's RAW:

The following three matches were announced this afternoon by WWE for tonight's Raw:

* John Cena vs. CM Punk where there "must be a winner"

* Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

* John Morrison vs. R-Truth
Hopefully that they give these matches some time.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Hopefully that they give these matches some time.
It's Raw. They won't.

Barker better not be the GH of WM. I will still watch it anyway, but I will be pissed to say the least.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
Yeah tonight is all about the annoucement of the Wrestlemania host in my eyes. I'll still watch it no matter who the host will be, but frankly if it's someone who really doesn't belong I'll be disappointed. I'm gonna throw out a guess and say that it'll be HBK.

Also sorry to hear about King's loss.

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Also sorry to hear about King's loss, something tells me the Miz will comment in some way about it.
That would be tasteless if the WWE allows that. They probably would of done it during the Attitude Era, but I don't see The Miz talking about King's late mother tonight.