RAW discussion Feb 7th, 2010

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Carl Edwards is the host. The past couple weeks have been excellent WWE programming across the board. From the Rumble to all three shows. I think since it was more focused on actual wrestling that's why I liked it better.

Hopefully we get more of the same on this show.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not high on the host tonight so hopefully the matches will be entertaining. I wonder if we'll see Bret Hart on the show again. Batista will be on Raw more often till Wrestlemania to build up his match against Cena, same thing goes for Cena being on Smackdown more often.

Interesting to see who is going to win the Tag titles tonight, and what's next for Legacy?

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I just can't imagine Carl Edwards being a good host. Which sucks, because the previous few hosts have done a great job - I think this will be a let down.

As far as the tag titles go, who do you think will win them? I think it will CM and Gallows. Or at least I'm hoping, I think they need to go to someone other than DX. Let them split up and go their separate ways.

Either way. I'll be DVRing it.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I don't even know who the host is lol...hopefully RAW will be just as entertaining as the last few weeks.

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I'm not a HUGE fan of Nascar, but Carl Edwards is my favorite driver (missouri born, lol) so I don't mind him as a host.

I look forward to more Legacy developments.

Millz, by the way, did you post this thread so early so you'd get credit??? hahaha :) j/k

6. Millz

I didn't even know Carl Edwards was from Missouri...Columbia in fact. That's awesome!

I was just thinking about it last night so I made the thread. Is there a rule when I can post the thread? ;)

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Carl Edwards was fine. His trademark back flip was pretty cool from the top rope. He was involved in Raw enough, and not just a famous face.

Awesome to see Christian on Raw, hopefully that is where he lands. Which I am guessing will happen and is the reason he showed up. Put up a good fight.

I was glad to see DX lose the titles.

Shawn Michaels losing his mind and super kicking Teddy Long was pretty funny. I laughed when that lady said "oh my god" or whatever, good stuff.

Legacy feuding still, glad things weren't just smoothed over.

I'm warming to Sheamus, he makes a great heel. I even kind of like his entrance music. Ha.

The end segment was good. Cena went nuts on DiBiase, then a good promo, followed by Bret. I did have to laugh when Bret knocked himself down pulling the sound equipment off and destroying shit.

The three matches for next week should be good, although I'm not a fan of Springer. Hopefully he surprises me like some of the other guest hosts have.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The show was good, not surprised that DX lost the titles, just surprised that Showmiz won it instead of Punk and Gallows. Should be interesting to see what happens next week with Shawn Michaels, I'm curious to see if he's going to be on Raw or not.

Carl Edwards was alright, wasn't great but wasn't awful either.

Glad to see Legacy feuding once again, surprised that Cody won vs Orton especially that Sheamus helped him win.

I saw the final segment, but I didn't see Cena destroy DiBiase on the show. Bret Hart got a nice pop at the end of the show, Hart vs McMahon is definitely going to happen, and even though we all know it won't be a great "wrestling" match, it's still going to be entertaining.

9. Millz

I'm glad they aren't overshawing Rhodes with DiBiase. Rhodes is left out of the Elimination Chamber but Rhodes pinned Orton. I like the feuds going on there.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm curious, do you think Punk and Gallows lost the chance at the titles due to the rumors of...
    Joey Mercury
    ...returning? Having the Straight Edge team lose to the newly formed ShowMiz doesn't sit well with me. Me thinkif there is a plan being hashed out for Straight Edge that requires more time before they claim the tag titles.