Raw Discussion: August 9, 2010

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Just two more weeks till Summerslam, the big match they're advertising for tonights program is Cena/Hart vs Edge/Jericho. It should be an interesting match since Nexus will be lumberjacks. I doubt we'll see Bret wrestle all that much. One thing I am wondering is if Jericho and Edge will unite with Team Cena tonight, the reason I say that is because I have a feeling Team Nexus will be trying to attack them. Very interested to see what the outcome will be out of this.

Overall, it should be a pretty good show.

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

That is a possibility unless The Nexus try to form some kinda truce with them, kinda like they did with Sheamus. And yeah I doubt Bret Hart will be wrestling that much either. Either way, it should be a pretty good show.

3. Unity

Unity Dragon Clan Staff Member

I could definitely see that happening. I can still think of possible replacement members, but it doesn't make sense to leave Edge and Y2J out of the mix.

As with every episode, I'm looking forward to seeing how things go with Orton's title hunt. Same goes with The Miz, the guy has been...well...awesome lately.

4. Babe_Ruth

Overall great show, but I have to say that the ending was simply awesome. When Edge and Jericho came to help Team Cena at the end it gave me goosebumps. Definitely one of the best endings I've seen in a real long time.

When they were face to face and eventually started going at it was great. I loved how Edge was the first one to jump in and start kicking ass.

The promo between Orton/Sheamus was fantastic.

Props to the crowd as well, it was electric.

5. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

I was expecting SO MUCH MORE from Monday's show, but it still delievered. Jericho and Edge came back! Still hope Nexus wins.

6. Unity

Unity Dragon Clan Staff Member

I agree, man, I knew Edge/Jericho would come back to help but the way it happened was just incredible.

I loved the lineup of each team in the ring, and how they clashed...reminded me of the Lord of the Rings movies, lol! Awesome to see Edge being the first to jump in, as well.

Orton and Sheamus did really well with their confrontation, it seemed like they did a little improv and it worked well...I really liked how Orton didn't follow through with the kick, it was a surprising kind of face move. Basically, "I'm the damn Viper and I can take you out anywhere, anytime."

It was good to see Melina back in action, I always enjoy her matches. Even half-botched, her finisher is pretty dope.

7. Babe_Ruth

Deep down I want Team Cena to win, but when I look at the total picture I want Nexus to win. If Team Cena wins then it beats the whole purpose of Nexus and ruins the whole angle.

Some people are saying that The Miz might become the leader of Team Nexus at Summerslam. I personally don't want it to happen, but that would be interesting to say the least.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Edge and Jericho's (literal) face turn on the ramp brought me to my feet. I can't believe how crisp the writing's been lately! But this Flying WTF by Air Bourne and Miz gets my vote for spot of the night:

[​IMG]

9. Babe_Ruth

That was definitely a great spot, you must have a lot of confidence in Bourne to let him try something like that on you.

I just hope that Edge and Jericho don't pull a Stone Cold from Invasion, not only have we seen it before, but I don't want to see it again.

10. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Defo! The writing's was so lame for the past few months, but since like late July, they've really been bring their A game.