Raw Discussion: August 2, 2010

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Will Team Cena fight again or will they find chemistry. This isn't a live show, since it was taped already.

None the less, I'm looking forward to this show, and hopefully they'll be some great matches, and we'll see Team Nexus and Team Cena go at it again.

Use this thread to discuss the upcoming show and the matches.

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Raw was pretty good tonight. My post all spoiler by the way. I just finished watching it. :D Anyways I wasn't really expecting Edge and Chris Jericho to quit Team Raw. I thought they were just gonna fight amongst each other (but in the end still remain a team), and bitch and complain, but nope; they actually quit and formed an alliance. Didn't see that coming. I don't really shy away from saying this - I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Nexus is the best thing to happen to Raw in months. They're actually the reason why I tune in every week.

The Six Diva Tag Team match was a bathroom and snack break for me. I have no problem saying that since the women's division is a joke now. Just glamour models in wrestling attires. Of course, with the exception of Nattie Neidhart, Tamina, and Beth Phoenix. I missed most of the match because I was in the kitchen fixing a sammich for myself :D Melina's back, so I guess that's something to be happy for.

What else happened? Oh yeah, Goldust got his ass handed to him courtesy of Sheamus. I don't care what anyone says about him, I love Sheamus. I don't really know who to root for come SummerSlam - Orton or Sheamus. I like both their styles. Speaking of Orton, his match with The Miz was pretty good. I even thought that the Miz had him a few times. What I don't get is why Miz is still the US Champion? When are they planning on making him drop the title? Or maybe, just maybe The Miz isn't supposed to "successfully" cash in his MiTB. It's possible. It could just be a bust, but that's just me.

I kinda missed Evan Bourne this time. It's always fun watching him in the ring. I'm hoping they give him a push soon, since he's been jobbing an awful lot lately (with the exception a few wins here and there) But overall, it was a pretty good show. I liked it. :cute:

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Pretty good overall show. The Cena/Jericho match was pretty entertaining.

Personally, I believe Edge and Jericho will be on Team Cena come Summerslam. I think Bret Hart will have a pep talk with them that will actually make them change their mind. Something is going to happen during the tag team match next week on Raw, especially with Nexus being Lumberjacks and all.

Glad there wasn't guest host once against this week.

Not the best show, but I wasn't all disappointed either.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Something I'm going to try and do more is list the shows results along with some statistics...

So here goes!

Randy Orton (18-12-3) beat the Miz (19-19-3)

John Cena (13-12-5) over Chris Jericho (13-25-1) via submission

Edge (8-11-6) and Wade Barrett (13-7-1) fought to no contest

Sheamus (16-7-3) over Goldust (5-12)

The Great Khali (9-6-1) over Ted DiBiase (12-15-1)

Alicia Fox (13-9), Jillian (2-15) & Tamina (2-1-1) over Natalya (3-2-1), Gail Kim (13-13) & Eve Torres (12-12)