Raw discussion August 16, 2010

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Definitely excited for tonights program. Summerslam was awesome and there's a lot of questions to be answered now. Will we see Bryan calling out The Miz tonight? What will happen with Nexus? Will Cena confront Edge and Jericho?

Can't wait for it.

2. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I was excited about the show too, but it turned out to be very disappointing. I like Nexus but I don't like them taking up the whole show.

3. Unity

Unity One batch, two batch Staff Member

I actually really enjoyed the show because of that. Every match was a potential loss of member for The Nexus, which made things exciting all the way through.

Plus, I thought the WWE did a great job of nurturing story lines during all of this (Miz attacking Daniel Bryan, Orton murdering Sheamus, etc.).

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the WWE did a great job with Nexus. Everyone was pissed off that team WWE won and Nexus lost at Summerslam. What happens the next night? Barrett beats Jericho clean, Slater and Gabriel beat Edge and Orton respectively (countout or not its pretty cool), and three of the others get wins as well. They trimmed the fat too in getting rid of Darren Young...although I didn't mind him. I thought it was important to make sure the WWE universe knew the Nexus were still a threat and they did that perfectly.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I felt all the matches were great besides the Cena vs Young one. Spoilers below:

Typical Cena becoming "Superman" like King says he occasional does. It was a typical, predictable ending for RAW like it has always been. Triple H and Cena just can't lose. Why not? Are they too big to lose now to somebody in The Nexus? It's just terrible storywriting to have Cena constantly win - especially when he no sells any attacks put against him.

With that said, everything ELSE but the final match was good. WWE wasn't busy shoving a PPV in our face, and we weren't over bombarded with storytelling. Solid matched, terrible finish.

6. Millz

As of August 1st, 2010 John Cena's record in 2010 was...

drum roll...

12 wins
    12 loses
    5 draw/no decisions

Obviously there are 2 weeks not accounted before but if you think Cena wins all the time you're mistaken.

7. Babe_Ruth

People only remember when Cena wins, not when he loses. Sorry Vilky, but Cena and HHH are not always Superman. They lose more often you realise, he also takes a pouding often. Just take a look at Summerslam, yes he won the match but he got his ass kicked. He just took advantage of "rookie" mistakes to get the victory.

8. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I thought Raw was alright. The more Nexus, the better. I wasn't too big on Darren Young, so if he's out that really didn't bother me. I think all the matches were good, except for the mainevent, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. You know, for the first few moments of the match, I actually thought Young was gonna beat Cena. He came awfully close.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  9. Babe_Ruth

They should of kept Young, he was actually making progress. He even had a finisher now. They should of gotten ridden of Otunga instead "A lister" my ass, He's awful, no wrestling ability, no microphone skills and no charisma.

10. Millz

Was actually talking with Unity about that on Monday night...

Otunga isn't that good. He's terrible in the ring and his mic work is completely overrated. Young held his own with Cena I thought...even though you could hear Cena telling Young what to do the entire match.