• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: April 4, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be interesting to see what happens tonight, one night after Wrestlemania. I heard rumblings that The Rock will be on the show tonight.

One thing that I'm really excited about is that we're suppose to see the debut of Sin Cara tonight, which is exciting. I'm sure he won't disappoint.

Looking forward to tonight's show and hopefully we can get some good discussion going on.

viLky

ykLiv
Aye, I also heard that The Rock was suppose to be there LIVE tonight, not via satellite. If so, that's good. Hopefully, it starts a kick off to something.

I'm glad that WrestleMania is over because I agree with you about Sin Cara. He has a chance to shine as well as Awesome Kong - wherever she is.

It's time for new feuds and a new year... at least in WWE. I'm set. ^.~

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Aye, I also heard that The Rock was suppose to be there LIVE tonight, not via satellite. If so, that's good. Hopefully, it starts a kick off to something.

I'm glad that WrestleMania is over because I agree with you about Sin Cara. He has a chance to shine as well as Awesome Kong - wherever she is.

It's time for new feuds and a new year... at least in WWE. I'm set. ^.~
Me too. I am expecting Miz to open the show, with Sin Cara's debut probably halfway through. Would be interesting!

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
Just finished this episode about an hour ago. It was definitely an eventful 'Raw', and you can see things changing. The ending was huge, though.

Sin Cara had an interesting first appearance. I would've liked to see him in an actual match, but he definitely had no problem throwing Shaemus around. You could tell he was nervous, though, seeing as he tripped on the top rope as he catapulted into the ring. Not a big thing, though. He was a very good representation of Lucha Libre style. Reminds me a bit of Rey Mysterio in his early days. I think this will be one wrestler we can't get enough of.

I'm curious, though, how deep his persona will go. His mask looks pretty solid to me, but of course he can see through it. Is he going to talk through the mask, or is he just going to be this quiet guy? If it's the latter, I don't see him going past mid-card, seeing how far talk goes in WWE.

Now for the closing...John Cena calls out The Rock. Holy hell, this was a clusterfuck. Who in the hell makes a match for one year later? Their "confrontation" at Mania sucked and they made us wait a month to see it, so now they're going to make us wait until 2012 to see them wrestle. That is horrible. Also, I believe I can see the signs of a Cena/Rock stable forming. This is also horrible for one simple reason-- I love Rocky and I hate Cena. This will get kids that aren't even old enough to remember The Rock in the ring exited, but me? I just wanted to see final confrontation. I don't want to wait a year for that to happen, and I don't want them to be buddies.

Do not go in this direction, WWE. Fire your writing staff if necessary, but do not go in this direction.

viLky

ykLiv
Now for the closing...John Cena calls out The Rock. Holy hell, this was a clusterfuck. Who in the hell makes a match for one year later? Their "confrontation" at Mania sucked and they made us wait a month to see it, so now they're going to make us wait until 2012 to see them wrestle. That is horrible. Also, I believe I can see the signs of a Cena/Rock stable forming. This is also horrible for one simple reason-- I love Rocky and I hate Cena. This will get kids that aren't even old enough to remember The Rock in the ring exited, but me? I just wanted to see final confrontation. I don't want to wait a year for that to happen, and I don't want them to be buddies.
This is what bugs me...
It's ONE YEAR worth of build up. I know Cena and The Rock probably won't mention it again until one month before WrestleMania, but that still doesn't change the fact that all the fans know who's Cena opponent will be at WM28. I'll bet you all right now this will be the most over hyped match in the history of WWE.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This is what bugs me...
It's ONE YEAR worth of build up. I know Cena and The Rock probably won't mention it again until one month before WrestleMania, but that still doesn't change the fact that all the fans know who's Cena opponent will be at WM28. I'll bet you all right now this will be the most over hyped match in the history of WWE.
After thinking about that more, I'm seriously torn on it. I mean it's exciting and it's never been done before, and it makes sense that the two would face off at WM if anywhere. I mostly hate it right now, though. It sucks because it virtually takes away hope of a Cena heel turn, and it probably sets in stone that Rock will not be around, really, until then. I hope I'm wrong on both accounts.

Did anyone notice the sounds of disappointment, booing, etc. when The Rock said next year? I even heard a individual fan yell "Go back to your movies!"

Also, I really hated the way that this was written and carried out for the following reasons:

--Cena came out after getting completely screwed for the supposed biggest prize in the WWE, and said "Oh well!" basically.

--Rock said that he respect Cena, but simply can't stand him. Aaaand after that, he shook his hand twice and fought alongside him.

--Use of The Corre. It's not the first time that a faction was used as fodder, but it was a complete and utter waste of opportunity. There were like 3 minutes left in the show, and The Corre comes out. It was yet another chance for Cena to turn heel (beat down the Rock with the Corre as the group's new leader, after they had been saying that they didn't have one...Cena, sick of the fans booing him and sick of being screwed by the Rock, joins back up with some of the individuals that he warred with last year). Plus, even though it really made Cena/Rock look strong, it made the IC Champion and Tag Team Champions look like Santino, Kozlov, and Zack Ryder. Also, the "anything you can do, I can do better" finisher series is way too overdone in wrestling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall I thought it was a pretty solid show, it was great to see Stone Cold and The Rock beating some ass once again.

Sin Cara debut was awesome, I agree that the trip was more because of gitters, but it was still amazing. His leap from the top ropes was simply unbelievable. He won't be talking much, and his mask looked fantastic.

I'm a little disappointed with the year wait between The Rock and John Cena, but I think the WWE will do a good job building it. We won't see The Rock all that often in the next few months, but he'll make his impact when he does show up.

All in all, pretty solid show.

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
Man, I seriously hope you guys are wrong about The Rock not showing up much. He has been tiptoeing around since his return and it frustrates the hell out of me. I was hoping that he would be around a lot more after Mania, and last night confirmed that he would be in my mind.

Apparently no one else seems to think that this is the start of a Cena/Rock alliance, but I'll bet you anything that it is. Despite the fact that they had barely any physical confrontation whatsoever as of late, they seemed to be getting over their beef last night. Obviously it's not that important if they'll scoff it off for a year. It will be a good match, but if they really wanted to do it, they wouldn't wait a year. The fact that they tried to outdo each other with the attack from the Corre (and the two handshakes) only confirms to me that they might start looking out for each other soon and will eventually team up.

Honestly, as much as I hate the idea of The Rock and Cena getting along, at least that would make the former show up every week. If all we'll get is these occasional visits or via satellite announcements, I have no reason to keep up with the brand anymore.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Honestly, as much as I hate the idea of The Rock and Cena getting along, at least that would make the former show up every week. If all we'll get is these occasional visits or via satellite announcements, I have no reason to keep up with the brand anymore.
Then you might as well stop. The Rock is not giving up all of his movie career to return to the ring. Yes, he will go ahead and make a movie or two, but he won't go away completely like most are thinking. We have a whole year until we see Rock/Cena at 28. The occasional visits and satellite announcements are what we are going to get.

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
I hope you're wrong, but it makes sense. I didn't expect him to completely stop making movies and I really didn't want him to since I enjoy most of them, but I just feel like he's barely touched the ground since he came back. If he wants to be a regular for a few months and then take a hiatus, that's fine, but not now.