• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raw Discussion: April 18, 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well last year we had an unexpected emotional Raw. If you are not living under a rock then you know by now that Edge was forced to retire.

Now I didn't get to watch the entire episode of Raw last week, but I was able to catch a few things. Hopefully it's a good show tonight. I'm really hoping that we will say more of Sin Cara's move sets tonight.

Let's use this thread to talk tonight's episode.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Another Sin Cara match would be awesome...he did such a great job last week.

If R-Truth is going to be in the title match at Extreme Rules, I want to see him turn up his intensity tonight, big-time. I want to see a side of Truth that we haven't seen before now that he has this opportunity. Will Vince think about that? I have no idea.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last I heard no matches had been announced as of yet but I'm sure we'll get another Sin Cara one...and I cannot wait.

Extreme Rules isn't far off so I'm sure we'll get whatever Punk and Orton are doing figured out.

viLky

ykLiv
I know this might seem mean, but lets hold a mini-guess bet. How many times do you think Sin Cara will botch tonight? Even if it's the smallest of the small, take a guess? Mine will be 1.

I would like it if The Miz had a match with R-Truth tonight while Cena had one with Ziggler. Besides that, the only thing I can sense happening tonight is the SmackDown! roster coming over to RAW again: Corre, Kane, ADR, Christian, Brodus, ect... If that's so, then put Brodus vs Kane tonight, too. =D

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just announced via Facebook:

--Randy Orton vs. CM Punk, Nexus is barred from ringside.

--Michael Cole's knighting. Yes, I typed that correctly. :lol:

viLky

ykLiv
--Michael Cole's knighting. Yes, I typed that correctly. :lol:
Fast forward. lol

I'm not buying the Orton vs Punk match. WWE is going to want to save that for Extreme Rules, so I can sense Punk will have a card up his straight edge sleeve.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Finished watching RAW, and here's what I think...

So, for the first time in like fucking ever, R-Truth was actually interesting to watch. Now, I knew that once JoMo challenged Truth, he (Truth) was gonna lose. But I seriously didn't see that heel turn coming. That was fucking brilliant. I like how he hugged JoMo, almost like he was sorry and then proceeded to beat him some more.

Divas match - don't care, didn't watch it, went to go make a sammich.

Edge's tribute was awesome.

To be honest, I didn't like the Cena/Sin Cara vs. Miz/Riley match. I would've rather watched Sin Cara go one-on-one with Alex. And what was up with all the botches?

I'm not gonna lie, but Michael Cole's knighting was probably the funniest thing on the show. I'm probably a horrible person for saying this, but I lol'ed when Cole made JR kiss his nasty ass feet. His feet were so gross. :urp:

Punk vs. Orton was definitely the highlight on the night for me. Punk's counter to the RKO around the end of the match was insane. Just overall it was an awesome match. The Nexus was arguing towards the end, so does that mean they're headed towards a break up? Here's what I don't like though, WWE is teasing way too many breaks up right now - Corre, Laycool (well, that one's over) and now the Nexus. There's too much breaking up going on.

Overall, I'd say it was okay... nothing too great though. Oh and did anyone else notice trollFACE in the crowd? Jesus, that was distracting.

viLky

ykLiv
Tonight was a VERY odd show. I'm almost at a lost for words. Before I am literally at a lost for words I'll type them up real quickie, okay!? =D

I agree with Bubbles on R-Truth; that was very entertaining. I didn't know what the WWE was going to have them do at first but whoa... they sure did surprise me. I did NOT expect R-Truth to turn heel and I did NOT expect Morrison to take his spot. Wait... I thought Morrison was in hot water!? Maybe all the reports we heard were just BS, or perhaps, he apologized? Well, I don't know, I'll still in shock. >_>

Still on that match, I believe R-Truth will get himself involved in it to make it a Fatal 4 Way between Miz, Cena, Morrison and Truth. I would actually like that match much more than a Triple Threat, to be quite honest.

Moving on, another great promo by Awesome Kong or Kharma (?). Whatever name Unity told us... I still need to get use to it.

The Bellas had some mic time; that was interesting. I love hearing them speak... me likey. ^.~

Cool Edge tribute, however, I'm confused, why is he back on SmackDown! this Friday? Don't get me wrong, I like it, but didn't Edge say he was going to go hang out with his dogs and told the WWE fans to take care? Odd...

Ok, the big WTF of the night was the GM banning the Nexus members from ring side. My question is WHY? Didn't Nexus start out by attacking anybody and everything? They didn't listen to the GM before. The only reason they listed to the GM last time because they would have been disqualified from competing in the Royal Rumble and getting a chance to get a title opportunity. This time? Nope, no title, just attacking Orton. It made NO SENSE to ban them.

Other than that, odd show. I still don't know what to think of it all. I'm still taking it in. ^.~
Odd... odd show. =o

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Not as good as last Monday...

I've been somewhat of fan of R-Truth since his first tour with the WWE and what I saw of him last year. I'd have to say tonights Raw made me twice the fan. I was kind of hoping he was gonna burn him with the cigarette. Haha.

Oh and it actually hurts to hear Morrison talk on the mic. Ha.

Even with some of the screw ups, Sin Cara is still the most entertaining thing on the show for me. I'm with Bubz, I would've rather seen him go one-on-one with someone, than have a tag match.

I won't lie, I skipped through Michael Cole being knighted. He annoys me and I don't find him entertaining.

The divas match was boring, but at least all three of them are easy to look at.

I enjoyed the Orton/Punk match. I wish I had neck muscles like Mason Ryan. That guy is scary looking. Haha.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just want to comment on two parts of the show right now:

--Truth's heel turn was awesome, and well done. The interaction between him and Morrison was kind of awkward at the beginning; Morrison can be decent on the mic when paired with someone better at talking than R-Truth.

I was happy when Morrison got Truth's spot, he deserves to be in the main event at this point regardless of what kind of dumbass drama mistake he may have made. Just my opinion.

The heel turn was pretty awesome...I'm going to be a fan of R-Truth again, which is nice. I really, really enjoyed it. Truth did a great job of looking like this loss of opportunity just made him snap, of showing that he was conflicted, and of just going nuts on Morrison...the pauses in between assaults just kept making you think that he was finally done, until it happened again lol. The smoking/drinking water during Morrison's head games seemed like nothing, and it was implemented into the heel turn really well. It cracked me up when Truth lit up a cigarette and eventually flicked it onto Morrison. I'm so surprised that smoking on the air was ok with Vince, lol. I'm waiting for rumors that Truth is in trouble for it or something.

All in all, I'm excited about this. I think that Truth is going to do a good job with it and have some meaningful feuds, if only at the mid-card level. I think a lot of us will enjoy him again.

--Sin Cara's matches are just phenomenal. A few botches are bound to come about with that wrestling style in general, and when someone is new, so I'm really not concerned or disappointed when they come about...even if it means missing most contact on the springboard moonsault he used to win the match (hey, it happens with Starship Pain all the time). Having him tag with Cena was really cool...to have the top guy in the company putting you over and raising your hand is a big deal.