RAW discussion 10-19 *Spoilers possible*

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'll give better comments soon but I really enjoyed RAW tonight. It was funny and there were some good matches.

HHH and Cena had a very competitive match.

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Just when everyone gets used to dogging on RAW, they put out a great show.

Snoop was fun as a host, and didn't overdo it (which is good for the guest host role).

The first segment of the show was HILARIOUS. Included funny quotes referencing Katie Vick, Sleeping One's Way to the Top (HHH), and to Kofi Kingston "Wait, aren't you supposed to be Jamaican? What happened to your accent?" ----> To add to that, Kofi is actually really good on the mic when not trying to put on a phony accent!

Cena/HHH put on a great match...not perfect, but very high quality for a typical RAW.

I wish we could of actually seen HBK vs. Jericho, but the team standoff was a lot of fun, and it was hilarious to see Vicki.

It was a lot of fun to see one of my favorite childhood wrestlers, Marty Jannety, back in action against Miz. Good times.

The segment with Orton vs. DiBiase did a GREAT job of coming across as emotional and powerful; if they're going to slowly transition DiBiase into a face (which it looks like), they're doing it really well so far. Another side thought: I really like the rare makeup of Legacy as a heel group. We're used to groups such as nWo, The 4 Horseman, and Evolution all being groups of buddies; Legacy is a lot more uncommon, where there's always obvious friction but the group almost stays together because of the dynamic of power.

All in all, great show this week. :nod:

3. Millz

I agree with all of your comments there Unity...it did a very nice job set up for the PPV next weekend. I really liked the Cena/HHH match...for what it was worth. And to have a clean finish? Surprised the hell out of me.

I think my favorite momemnt (Besides the hilarious beginning) was the Orton/Dibiase encounter. DiBiase's face told an awesome story...it was perfectly written to get the crowd behind Ted...loved it loved it loved it.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Didn't like it. Too much Triple H and HBK trolling the competition. Not only that, but Triple H HAD to win against Cena? Let me get this straight, Cena, the man going for the championship against Orton in a main event while Triple H is teaming up with 4 other people to go up against 5 other competitors from another brand AND TRIPLE H WON!? That's just... yeah... makes no sense at all. If the roles were reversed I think we all know what would have happened.

I didn't enjoy RAW last night. Triple H really makes it unwatchable and I hope he gets off the air soon. :\

5. Millz

Triple H MADE that show last night...he was hilarious. That's the most I've enjoyed him in a long time and I was so happy he beat Cena clean. It was a perfect way to set up the PPV. Talking about how that might be Cena's last match on RAW and he LOST it...now he's going into Bragging Rights on a down note and is going to have to overcome the odds and get his head straight. Really, nobody else was qualified to beat Cena clean besides HHH. HBK, maybe, but he had the history with Jericho. Orton was busy with DiBiase...it made sense.

6. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

If I may I would like to point something out. Normally if someone is just about to become champion they lose one or two matches beforehand, this setting up future competition. As much as I hate Triple McMahon, him winning last night made perfect sense because A it makes him look strong leading into the PPV and B should Cena win on Sunday which I believe will be the case, then Triple McMahon can lay claim to a future title shot having beaten Cena before the PPV.

7. Millz

Completely agree...someone made mention to that exact same thing on another board I post on. Although with that said I'm not too keen on Cena/HHH for the 1000th time but the booking was smart none the less.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'll just agree to disagree with you guys about Triple H. =P

kk, two questions:

1) Who is the guest host for the next RAW? I think I missed it and didn't catch who it was going to be.

2) We need another HEEL guest host. I believe we just... had one? One and a half if you count Sgt. Slaughter. We need a full heel, and none of that Jeremy Pivin turning heel at the last moment, or Sgt. Slaughter trolling Canada while promoting America. Do you guys think the next heel will be a fan guest host?

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The next guest host is a former WCW champion. When I first read this headline I was extremely happy but then I found out it was David Arquette.

Overall the show was pretty good, I knew Snoop Dogg was going to do a good job as the guest host. Like someone already said he didn't over do it.

Also most of the matches last Monday were pretty entertaining, I liked Cena vs HHH.

10. Millz

The next RAW hosts are actually two guys from NASCAR...Kyle Busch and Joey Logano...only heard of Busch...not sure on the other dude. We'll see.

They'll surely be faces as well...I would like more heel hosts but its kind of hard to pull off.

I should add I thought this was the best RAW we've seen in weeks.