Raw brand sold again!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Marvelous1, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I guess even the powers that be at WWE realized what a lame storyline the sale of Raw to Donald Trump was. They corrected that mistake by having The Donald sell Raw back to Vince at twice the price. The good news is we won't have to see Donald Trump on Raw anymore!! Donald Trump may be a great business man but he just doesn't belong on a wrestling show!

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

It would have been great if it had been Eric Bischoff in Trump's place or even Paul Heyman.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Wow that was POINTLESS. Plus it epitomised the inconsistency and irrationality in the writing on RAW at the moment.

Two weeks now we've been waiting for a GM, but they've decided to delay it for a two week long storyline that did nothing but damage WWE stock prices. Nice one Vince! Keep up the good work in creative :p

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Last night's RAW was really a crappy show, in my opinion. I guess it was two things: the fact that it's the same old feuds before The Bash, and the fact that so much time was devoted to McMahon and Trump. The only payoff of that was the Goldust/Hornswaggle/Festus scene, lol. If they ever do a "no-commercial" presentation again, please make the content somewhat new and exciting.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I found this on another website that I post at...source is included...I think its a very interesting read about the situation with Trump. When it first happened and Trump sold RAW back to McMahon I immediately thought they pulled the plug because they realized how fucking lame it was...I think thats' the case. The stock went down, the crowd didnt give a crap, and the whole idea was bound to fail. I am glad they realized it and got rid of it...it would have been a disaster. Anyways, see below:

source: Figure Four newsletter June 23rd:

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

A quick off-topic point:

What. The. Heck? That's the saddest thing I've read all day. Are you telling me people like Rey Mysterio because he's more relateable to the Hispanic community? Basically, what it says; they're watching because he's hispanic and caters to the hispanic community. That's just sad. You don't see me watching SmackDown! just for Edge, John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler. I'm disapointed in people. :\

Any-a-do, I saw the RAW clip of Donald selling it back to Vince and thought "Hmm... Usually, they have thing situations last a long, long time. I wonder what went wrong." I'm glad we are getting more information about the REAL reason. Even though I was starting to like Donald Trump I still say there were many, many better potential persons to "buy" RAW.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This right here the WWE has no direction right now. They need new writers because this is getting really pathetic. The only way this is going to change is if the WWE gets a challenge from another company. Which is not going to happen anytime soon.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Not sure how credible that site is, still, pretty interesting nonetheless.

Also, I heard RAW got a 4.5 rating. That's awesome compared to their usual 3.0-3.5, eh?

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

100% agreement here.

Maybe I should apply to write for the WWE? Hell, I could write better storylines with my hands chopped off.

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Dude I've been saying the same thing about myself for years! That would be so cool but I have a feeling Vinnie Mac would just shoot down everything I thought.

Ya know, because he's insane.