Raw: August 30th (900th episode)

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's right ladies and gentleman, Raw will be airing their 900th episode tonight. I'm really looking forward to this show, it should be filled with entertainment and great matches. I wonder if Vince will show up tonight? He hasn't shown up since that beat down Nexus gave him.

Here's to a great show.

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I had almost forgotten it was the 900th show...should be a good one! I hope it's not too many old clips, I'm enjoying the development of The Nexus, The Miz, The 5 contenders etc.! Still, it'll be fun either way!

Here's to BR's "Here's to a good show."

3. Babe_Ruth

I'm surprised that it's not a three-hour show to be honest with you guys. Hopefully they'll show some go old clips of Raw.

This is the first time that Nexus will be without Skip, so I wonder what step the WWE took in this instance.

4. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

This was a horrible show, I had to record it and I pretty much fast forward through the whole mess. I like the CM Punk promo, that was really the only good thing about this show. The matches were rushed and we knew Bret Hart wasn't going to wrestle one of the Devil's favorite sons (which by the way is a retarded storyline between the Big Red Retard and the Undertaker). Oh and getting 5 or 6 minutes of a 10 man tag elimination match was wonderful as well. This show should of gotten 3 hours! If they were making such a big deal about this show it should have gotten a 3 hour time slot. This was one of the worst Raws that I have seen in months.

5. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Am I the only one that felt the 900th Show was lacking? It was awful. I was hoping for a few WWE Alumni to swing around, but nope. Nothing. Like generalblue said, a lot of the matches seemed rushed. Not a single decent mid-card match. I was actually looking forwards to The Undertaker Vs. Bret Hart match, too bad that didn't happen.

The best part of it was the mainevent, and kudos to Wade Barrett for laying waste to 2 of the toughest guys in the WWE. Randy Orton and Taker in the same night. I love Wade Barrett like a fat kid loves cake. I was expecting Chris Jericho to pull a stunt like he did last night, but not Edge. I kinda thought that Edge was slowly turning face, guess not. I was surprised that Shameus actually stayed in the match. So, overall, as the 900th episode, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.

6. Babe_Ruth

Overall it was a decent show, it was quite disappointing to not see any alumni's of Raw like Stone Cold or The Rock for example.

I agree the CM Punk was incredible, he's one of the best promo guys in the business today.

Glad NXT was put over by Orton and Cena, those two RKO's were great though.

Overall it was a decent show, they should of put a better product for the 900th floor.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

6/10.

Too many "Did You Know" crap-o-la facts popping up every commercial break, no surprises, NO wrestling. And, by no wrestling, I mean less than 30 minutes worth. Heck, a friend on another forum tallied it and I beleive it came to 23 minutes all together. What the...? WWE is turning into TNA.

While I liked the promo and builds from all, it just wasn't suited for the 900th episode. They should have done something exciting to celebrate, not rehash "old glory" moments. Sheesh... It was sort of sad seeing them constantly go back to the Attitude Era talking about the good ol' days. During the Attitude Era they would have never done that.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was there live.

Superstars and the dark match afterwards (Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Taker) were way better. The show was rushed and sloppy. It needed a lot of work but overall I was happy mainly because I got to see Taker live for the first time.

9. Babe_Ruth

Pretty damn lucky that you were there, even though the show wasn't all that great, you still had the chance to see some cool things. I'm jealous that you saw Bret and Undertaker in the same ring at the same time once again.

Did you expect Austin to come out during the CM Punk promo? It was pretty loud pop on television, I can only imagine being there live.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You could only imagine the boos afterwards as well. You could tell by the atmosphere that people were hoping for a big name cameo but it was disappointing we never got one.