Raves and Rave Culture

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kazmarov, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

So, for the newbies here, I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, and thus there is a massive rave scene here- second only to LA in the nation. While I haven't been at an all-night rave (hit some teen clubs and a techno festival), my friend turns 18 in June and we plan to barnstorm all summer.

Anyone else familiar with or involved in rave culture?

2. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

I went to a rave once. It was a lot of fun. It was the first time and the only time I've ever watched a dj setup and then start spinning up close, but that was about 12 years ago.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Rave culture isn't big where I live, but back when I was with my ex (he was a DJ), we set up a few rave nights at one of our local clubs and at an old warehouse. They were always good fun, but more hard work then anything, as we had to organize everything from the advertising and security staff to the drink specials and DJ's. I've had more fun at the ones that I havn't had to help organize.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Raves are just huge fun parties where people can dance and express themselves with the music they dance to/hear from the Dj. I've never been to one, but it's pretty much a crowd where you let loose and just let the vibes take you. Just don't use drugs (or advise your friend to either), chances are that person will get attacked or something worse might happen.

~Shwa

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Because I'm hitting five concerts in the next two months I don't plan to hit a rave until ETD Pop in San Francisco in May. 10,000+, a couple years ago they got raided at 1:30 in the morning.

Headliners are Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, and Deadmau5.

I'm psyched.