Ravens' top receiver Mason tells Web site he's retiring

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I'm sad to hear about his retirement. I saw a few Ravens games this year and he was great.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

But before he was a Raven, he was a Titan. A great reciever and a class act - one of my favorite players that left the Titans in that horrible "rebuilding" year, this is sad news. Although he is getting up there in age, he still has a little gas in the tank and would've offered a good pair of hands to a young QB. Too bad he won't come back and retire a Titan.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

And there goes about 60% of our passing game.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Wow; that guy was extremely talented. Such a class act. Great reciever, it's sad to see him retire, but he definatly did have one hell of a career.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It's believed a huge part of him retiring was because of Steve's death, and I believe it is too.

A lot of people believed he had a few more years left, and that he hadn't planned on retiring for a few more years anyways because he's been training all summer long with the Ravens, so it came to a shock to them.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Hold on a minute, according to the NFL rules you have to submit a paper or something in order to retire and Mason supposedly hasn't done that so it's still up in the air I think.

But if he is indeed done, it's nice to know he cracked the 10,000 mark this season.

I'm worried about Flacco's passing ideas now though.