Ravens re-sign Ray Lewis, ink Birk

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Finally GOOD news for Baltimore Ravens fans...

Source: rotoworld.com

The Ravens have agreed in principle to a contract with free agent LB Ray Lewis.

The deal will ensure that he finishes his career in Baltimore. Re-signing Bart Scott was the Ravens' preference at inside linebacker, but they were outbid by Rex Ryan and the Jets. Lewis will likely get a three-year deal, but it remains to be seen if it even approaches Baltimore's initial $24M offer
Ravens agreed to terms with C Matt Birk on a two-year, $9 million contract. The deal includes $6 million guaranteed.

Either the Vikings have a lot of confidence on John Sullivan or they went cheap in negotiations. It might have only taken $4 million a year to keep Birk in Minnesota. Birk turns 33 this July, but is a six-time Pro Bowler and had spent his entire career there. He hasn't missed a start since 2005

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is definitely good news for the Ravens, they lost a lot of key players on defense this offseason, but they didn't lose the heart and soul of that great defense and that's Ray Lewis. Birk is also a good player, they must be happy they didn't lose him either.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think they were dumb for signing Birk. He was the worst center ever :p

No but really, I think they just added a big help to their line and will be able to run the ball even better up the middle this year.

Let's see: we've lost C-Mac, Bart Scott, Jason Brown and Jim Leonhard.

But we've signed Foxworth and re-sign the heart, soul and pride of the defense. Provided they pick some good players in the draft and keep Dawan Landry at SS we should be fine. Pats on the other hand, might wanna watch out for the Jets this season.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's see: we've lost C-Mac, Bart Scott, Jason Brown and Jim Leonhard.

But we've signed Foxworth and re-sign the heart, soul and pride of the defense. Provided they pick some good players in the draft and keep Dawan Landry at SS we should be fine. Pats on the other hand, might wanna watch out for the Jets this season.
The Jets defense is definitely going to be awesome but can they score enough points with their QB and losing Coles?