Ravens Hire John Harbaugh As Head Coach

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
yahoo.com - John Harbaugh was hired Friday as head coach of the Ravens, who hope their second choice proves to be a first-rate success.

Harbaugh spent this season as Philadelphia's secondary coach after making a name for himself working with special teams. He has never been a head coach but has coaching in his genes -- his father Jack is former head coach at Western Kentucky, and his brother Jim,is head coach at Stanford and a former quarterback with the Ravens.

The 45-year-old Harbaugh, who received a four-year contract, will be introduced as the third coach in Ravens' history at a news conference Saturday. His salary wasn't released, but most first-year NFL head coaches get slightly more than $2 million a season.
RealGM Football: Wiretap Archives: Ravens Hire John Harbaugh As Head Coach

Well they didn't get Garett, but they found someone that has great football knowledge, and he should be able to change things around in Baltimore.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What scares me is that he was a special teams coach for a really long time, then was a defensive backs coach for only a season. Can he make it as a head coach?

They also badly need an offensive coordinator, and a damn good one. Cam Cameron?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe Harbaugh will do a good job, I believe the Ravens needed a new coach because the players lost total respect for Billick last season, when one of your franchise players calls you out, it's not a good thing. Now by getting a new coach you start everything from scractch, and I'm sure he'll gain the players respect really soon.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
John Ogden wanted Rex Ryan to be coach, so I think John needs to have a talk with him to see what they need to do for next season. The same needs to be done for Rolle, Ray-Ray, and McNair.