Raven misused?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Nov 4, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

He could have been a top guy or at least upper mid-card. I don't ever remember really doing anything in WWE other than being Hardcore champion. He was sort of like a happier Jeff Hardy.

Didn't Stone Cold Steve Austin once say that the biggest mistake WWF/WWE made was not utilizing Raven well enough?

What do you guys think could he have been used better or was he used just right whats you opinion?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I was never a huge Raven fan to be honest. He was an above average promo guy but just subpar in the ring. He was a great hardcore wrestler both in ECW and the WWF but he didnt have the look to get over.

I think he was alright but I think they got out of him about as much as they could.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

You just described Jeff Hardy and he made it to main event status. I could've seen some great feuds in Raven's future if he was properly build and stayed with WWE - especially considering the pushes they've been giving to the mid-carders lately.

Heck, The Brain Kendrick in a main event and NOT Raven? I dunno... :eek:

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Raven always was incredible, and one of my favourites, but he just doesn't suit the WWE style. ECW he fit x1 million. I'm sure he could still make it work in WWE, but it wouldn't be the badass Raven I doubt.

Would be class if he became a writer.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I agree with that. A lot of the talent out there out currently signed to WWE are restrained and can't use their full potential because of restrictions. Speaking of ECW, he could have given Matt Hardy a run for him money for the ECW title.

6. Millz

How did I describe Jeff Hardy? Hardy has charisma and Raven doesnt. Raven has good mic skills and Hardy doesnt. Hardy is over and Raven wasnt. Hardy is a high flyer and Raven is an extreme and more of a ground and pound type wrestler.

Kendrick isn't a main eventer either I dont think...not yet at least. The Unforgiven match was just something to get his name out there as they build him up .

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

surely thats a mistake? Isn't it the other way around?

8. Millz

Nope, not at all.

My definition of charisma is this: if what you do in the ring or say on the mic gets a reaction, you've got a certain level of charisma. You might describe that as just being over but I think if the fans love you for what you do you have to have a ton of charisma. There's a reason Jeff Hardy is called the "Charismatic Enigma."

In WCW and ECW, yeah, I guess Raven was charismatic. With that said the measuring stick of professional wrestling is the WWE and he never got over in this company. Maybe it wasn't for lack of charisma, maybe it was politically but its not something I'll just ignore.

9. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

well, I can't argue that. His Mic skills may be below average but The fans sure do love his stuff in the ring.

10. Millz

I think he got lucky for alot of it. Tag wrestling was huge when the Hardys were united and those matches wit h the Dudleys and E & C were epic.

Granted he's a daredevil and the fans like that so I'll give him some credit. I think he's kind of dry right now but as long as the fans go nuts for him he'll be in the main event picture.