Ratings this week

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

The ratings are in for the March 29, 2010 editions of WWE RAW

& TNA iMAPCT!.

Rajah.com

Should be interesting to see what happens now that Wrestlemania is over.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

It doesn't surprise me that TNA drew such a low rating. The fact that HBK was making his farewell address during the episode of RAW really hurt TNA, I hope the change in time slots helps out TNA in some way.

3. Ramiel

Ramiel Registered Member

Lol. Wow. TNA needs to move to 7-9 and before wwe.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe even though Wrestlemania is over TNA is still going to get a bad rating, North American fans prefer the WWE product over the TNA product and if you don't believe me just look at the past ratings.

It was a big mistake for Hulk Hogan and company to try and challenge the big dog of the Wrestling business, and now they're paying the price for it.

5. Millz

I do wonder how long they can last like this. Dave Meltzer, believe him or not, says TNA is having financial issues...worse then most people probably realize.

I think the move to an hour sooner is smart...I'll watch that first hour uninterrupted personally.

6. Babe_Ruth

I've heard about the financial issues myself and I also heard that Hogan is using some of his own money to help the company, now I'm not sure how much truth there is behind that statement, but it won't surprise me at if it ended up being true.

7. Millz

Wouldnt shock me either...I doubt Hall, Pac, Nash, Hardy and RVD come cheap. I think you'll see more cuts made to try and counter those high contracts. Sting too...I bet he makes bank.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Well Panda Energy, the company owned by Dixie's parents that owns TNA has more money than Vince McMahon. So if they can get ratings up over the next few months, then maybe get the show on the road and actually turn it into a profitable company before the end of the year, then Dixie would probably be able to get amazing financial backing from her parents. I guess this year could be "boom or bust" for TNA. If Panda pulls out, TNA is gone.

9. Millz

I was able to track down what I read on rajah.com...

10. Babe_Ruth

Now before reading this, just wanted to say that this might not happen to TNA, it’s just an observation. Ted Turner had tons of money as well, and as soon as the ratings started to go down he sold the company since a man like himself rather make money then lose it, and I have a feeling Dixie’s parents feel the same way. So if they don’t get the ratings and they keep losing money they’ll either fold or sell it, I think they rather sell it because they can make a bit of money off of it.