Rating coaches

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think rating coaches are one of the hardest things to do in sport. Because a lot of them have success because of the players their coaching. I think High Schoo/College coaches are more teachers then the ones we have in professional leagues. So I was curious how do you rate coaches?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

For college coaches a huge part of it is recruiting. Some coaches are much better recruiters than others, like Urban Meyer and Pete Carrol. Another thing is how well the coaches prepare their teams for big games. Again, Pete Carrol is the best in the business at getting his team ready for the big games.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

You cannot win without great players around you. I think its easier to judge college coaches because they are responsible for bringing in the kids that they do like Echoes mentioned.

Its harder in pro sports because if the team doesnt have the money to get good players its harder to win. Motivation and preparation are two key components, however. How well does the manager or coach communicate with players he does have? All of those are factors for pro sports.