• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rate Barack Obama (Approval Rating)

What do you think of Obama's presidency?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
We've all seen the polls showing Obama's approval rating all over the board.

But what about GF? How do Americans at GF like Obama?

If you live outside the U.S. please vote for the option labeled (live outside U.S.)

Give some reasons why you approve or disapprove and if you are impartial then why is that? If you aren't going to share why then don't bother voting.

Personally I disapprove because of the healthcare bill, stimulus, abortion, gun rights, and Obama's view on the Constitution. He's also fighting a war as if he doesn't care to win. And of course let's not forget the fact that he wants to regulate everything and believes "if you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody."

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was looking for the option for "Extremely Disapprove" but I didn't see it.

A few reasons I disapprove:

1. He is absolutely obliterating our economy.
2. He is destroying business and job creation.
3. He pretty much stands for the opposite of everything I believe.

Obviously on point #3 I would have disapproved regardless of 1 and 2, but 1 and 2 certainly don't help.

And I'm sick of him blaming Bush for the mess he was given. He took a minor mess and turned it into a complete and utter nightmare by spending trillions that we don't have. Nobody can deny this. It's not just him though. It's most of the Democrats and several Republicans as well who support big government spending.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Only in this case the conductor is keeping his foot on the gas. Obama is one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States of America.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
I voted "approve" and i live outside the Us, which i guess it makes not as well informed as an US citizen.

Its not like i feel very strongly about Obama, to me he should have never become President, Hilary was my candidate, and i never feel into the ridiculous Obama hype... to be honest i don't believe anyone on this planet could and can bring the US back on its feet in such a small window of time. The damage was done everywhere, from the state to the corporations and the very lifestyle of americans, they are all on the same ship, congressional debates and electoral disputes will only bring the country down.

I guess that says it all... when both parties are more concerned in staying in power rather than all together bring ideas to save the country, and then settle political disputes later.

Maybe the situation is not as bad as they make it seem?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
to be honest i don't believe anyone on this planet could and can bring the US back on its feet in such a small window of time.
I would tend to agree with you there, but my problem with him is that the things he has done to try to fix things have never worked in the past and are continuing to not work now, and yet he is continuing to do them. The result is inflation and increased debt. Even if it somehow helped now, it still doesn't fix anything because the problem is simply made bigger and postponed for later.

To me his solution to help a drowning US economy seems to be to it further under water.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
to be honest i don't believe anyone on this planet could and can bring the US back on its feet in such a small window of time.
Absolutely not, but after this amount of time we should have started to see more improvement. There are things that could have been done that could have started growth sooner.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
He was and still is very inexperienced, i think that was something very obvious even from his campaign against Hilary. However he said what people wanted to hear and she didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if Americans in general have lost yet another layer of trust when it comes to politicians, making the next Presidential Election even harder and split.
------
There are things that could have been done that could have started growth sooner.
I guess that is true, but something that I'm not able to perceive, since i dont live there and don't follow his actions very closely.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its only been two years...not long enough to hate him yet.

So yeah, approve for now.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
As expected, he's proving how overrated he was so far. The little he has done does not outweigh the negative. That being said, I still have hope for him. The country has pretty much hit bottom thanks to the previous leader (let's be frank and just admit they turned a several trillion dollar surplus into a several trillion dollar deficit) and Obama hasn't done much to undo that so far but he can't fall much further. Which of course, isn't saying much.

I'm not impressed so far.

Reactions: Sim

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I obviously don't approve of his failed job performance.

The problem I'm having lately is my complete disdain for him. I've never really had this problem with a politician, but lately I fell I'm getting to the point where I almost hate the guy. I never approved of Clinton, but always thought I would really enjoy the company of Bill and Hillary. There are many politicians(almost all of the national Democrats) that I can say the same for, but not Obama.

The kicker for me was Americans peacefully spoke up about healthcare and Obama's response was not only to not listen, but repeatedly mock and belittle the teaparty movement. Then they just spend money like they're the freak'n king and queen of America: $75,000/day trips to Spain or $200M/day trips to India. The ivy-league elitism is just too much for me.

This is really hard for me because the last thing I want to be one of those stupid Michael Moore liberals or the liberals that hate Palin for no real reason and call her names. I'm just having a really hard time seeing the guy as my President and that's really bothersome.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not sure why you'd "hate" him MiT, that's a pretty strong statement. Also, the 200 million per day trip is a republican chain letter that got picked up by the media and reported as fact.

Is anyone who actually approves of his presidency going to explain why? I mean, there are things I like about his term so far but I'm curious to hear more people explain why.