• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rare supermoon lunar eclipse

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A rare combination of celestial events will grace the night sky later this month. NASA says a supermoon lunar eclipse will take place September 27.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/supermoon-lunar-eclipse-coming-this-month/

I don't think I have ever seen a supermoon lunar eclipse, just a couple of regular blood moons. Seems whenever something like this is happening its cloudy here. I hope I don't miss this one. Its only happened 5 times since 1900 and it won't happen again until 2033.

Will you try to see this?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just want to remind you this is coming up in less than two weeks. Hope I can see it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its tonight and its raining this morning. I bet I can't watch it, will probably be too cloudy even if the rain moves off. Sooooo disappointed.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Its tonight and its raining this morning. I bet I can't watch it, will probably be too cloudy even if the rain moves off. Sooooo disappointed.
Ouch! Did you get to see it? We watched it here and it was awesome! Almost the whole moon eclipsed. Just a very faint light on the bottom and I took tons of photos. I watched it from the start till it was totally finished and no clouds. It was amazing and it looked really red. But I couldnt get the telescope set up and all I had was my Sony Cybershot camera. But I still got some cool photos using the zoom.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it was going to be too cloudy but at the last minute it cleared off long enough for me to watch it. It didn't take long for the fog to roll in and make it look hazy though.

Yes it looked red unless I looked at it through my binoculars, then not so much, it kind of reminded me of a ping pong ball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was pretty foggy in my area, too, but I did get to see a bit of it.

Was pretty fascinating.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Wow! We had a totally clear sky but the zoom on my camera sucks and I shoulda used a tripod but I still got these pictures. See how red it looked here?
Oh and I shot the 2nd picture when it was coming out of the eclipse.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting those pictures. We took some but they didn't turn out very well.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah 1/2 of my photos were messed up too. It wasnt easy to find the moon on my cam and you gotta be totally still when you shoot because its so dark and especially when it was totally eclipsed. But my Cybershot can store hundreds of pictures so that really helped a lot and I did get some really cool shots.