• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rare Ferrari F50 found in salvage yard

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ferrari collectors are always on the lookout for rare finds and there are very few as rare as the Ferrari F50 supercar. Built in the 1990s there were only 349 of the vehicles put into production. In August one of the vehicles in excellent condition sold for $1.7 million at auction.

Rare Ferrari F50 Supercar Shows Up In Salvage Yard
I would love to find a car like this, even as bad of shape as it is they are going to start the auction with a starting bid of $103,000. A lot of give for any ordinary wrecked car but this one will more than likely bring much more. It was the only one sent to the US painted black.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
A little more on the car:

It was owned and remarkably maintained by a man in New Orleans. This same car was famous for a few videos that circulated of the driver's idiotic driving. A story recently circulated that he totaled the car at approximately 50 mph. It is the last Ferrari F50 ever produced.

Surprise! $528,000 Ferrari F50 Driven By Shirtless Asshat Crashes

Elanor

Registered Member
What an idiot! It never ceases to amaze me that people think that having an amazing car makes them an amazing driver. I don't know much about repairing damage like that, but hopefully it will be bought by someone who will be able to spend money on it, look after it, and drive it properly.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That man was a idiot, got that car and thought he could drive like a maniac. Too bad he wasn't a good enough driver to do that.

Ever who buys it is going to have one very expensive repair job but a great car when finished. I can't imagine giving $100,000 for an engine.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The engine looks to be in great shape since it's a mid-engined car. The big expenses will be the broken front suspension parts. He'll have to get those straight from Ferrari. The car should be a pretty good investment. It'll cost about 2-300k tops when all is said and done to purchase and fully repair it. Someone can resell the car for 600k or more even with the salvage title.