• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raptors targeting Suns' Tucker and Morris

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
Marc Stein reported a couple days ago that Raptors are targeting Phoenix Suns' players PJ Tucker and Markieff Morris. From what I've heard, Suns want a high pick back for Tucker, while a similar return to Morris. Personally, I wouldn't trade a first for either, despite how much they can help us. If the Raps are about dealing a first round pick, I'd be down with that if they were to acquire someone with more skill and control. To sum up their respective games, heres what each does:

PJ Tucker: a solid defence forward who has the ability to guard multiple positions. Brings an edge to the game in terms of hustling and getting into people's faces. Can do a bit of everything. Shoot, defend, pass, rebound, etc. 3-point shot has improved. Wouldn't be a bad fill-in for DeMarree, and once he returns would bring nice value off the bench.

Markieff Morris: immensely talented forward with a bonehead. Says and does stupid things, and tends to piss off a lot of people. But on the court, he's an impactful player. He's the new NBA PF. Can stretch the floor, defend, rebound, pass, play the transition game. Would be a great fit as our starting PF, but again his mentality is way off. If he can figure out to contain his emotions, he would be a pretty sick player going forward

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know that Tucker has improved a lot since his original Raptors days, but I really don’t care to see him in a Raptors uniform again. Morris would be a good addition to the team, because they are lacking a strong Power Forward, but like you, I have don’t want Toronto to trade a high draft pick for him(that would be the Knicks pick they got). They can get a better, younger player at the draft with that pick.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Agreed with Bizzy on this one. Morris would be a great addition to this team, but it seems to me like the Knicks are free falling a bit lately. I would take my chances with their pick rather than taking a chance on a bad apple like Morris.

If you could acquire him without sending that pick or Bruno, then you have my attention.

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
What if we were to offer our first round pick instead of New Yorks? Would you guys be open to dealing that for either Morris or Tucker?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Right now they're listed at 26 for their own draft pick. I would be willing to trade that one, especially since the Knicks is not at eleventh and has a chance to be a top ten. Morris is signed 2018-2019, while Tucker is signed through 2016-2017. I don't think the Raptors really need Tucker, they can fill that spot elsewhere without giving up too much. Just curious what else, on top of the 26th pick the Suns would be asking for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
willge87 NBA 3
4 NBA 2
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 69