Raptors Summer League game updates.

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I will be posting all the information I can about the Raptors Summer League games on this thread, you are a loud to reply. Because it's the Summer league there's not a real big Recap, but I did find the Box Scores.

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/documents/BoxScoresTemp/washington%20v%20toronto-game4.htm

A really good first game with our first overall pick Andrea Bargnani 20 points, yes he did get 6 fouls, and that's acceptable because this is first pro game with real NBA players. P.J didn't play half bad he only played in 14 minutes but did grab 3 offensive rebounds. Also a good game from Joey Graham 22 points which is very good.

Raptors win 93-85 against the Wizards

Record 1-0

2. T-Bag

T-Bag Guest

Actually Bargnani played against the Raptors few years ago too so it wasn't his first game against the NBA players ;)

3. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

^
    Yeah thats true. But these arent NBA players. Most dont even play in the NBA. They are young players that are still learning and most are scrubs anyway.

It still great to see him drop 20 :)
    On a side note: Joey dropping 22 is great to see. Hopefully he will continue this to the season in November?

4. Babe_Ruth

I am happy to see the rookies doing well but your right Gustavo there's nothing really to get exited about. Just because the players playing right now are not that prooven and they haven't played many games in the NBA. But Andrea first game did impress me. I can't wait for Raptors TV to air the games so I can see how he really did live.

5. Hangtime15

Hangtime15 Guest

Its only a sumemr league game, so no need to get excited. I jsut wishthis guy (Bargani) does good next season and so does the other new players in Raptors roster.

6. Babe_Ruth

The Raptors lose to Sacramento 86-79 here's a recap of the game

Kevin Martins driving lay-up with 4:02 left gave the Sacramento Kings a 75-74 lead, one they would not relinquish as they went on to beat the Toronto Raptors, 86-79. Martin finished with a game-high 27 points (3-8 FG, 20-24 FT).

Rookie Quincy Douby contributed 20 points (6-10 FG, 6-6 FT), while Ronnie Price had 14 points (3-13 FG, 7-8 FT) in the win. The Kings finished the game shooting 41 percent (21-51 FG).

Joey Graham led the Raptors with 14 points (4-9 FG, 5-5 FT), while first overall pick Andrea Bargnani pitched in with 12 points. Bargnani also became the first player to foul out in a summer league game as he collected his 10th foul with 1:24 left in the game. Kris Humphries had 11 points (4-14 FG) and 10 rebounds, while Terence Dials collected 10 points (5-8 FG).

The Raptors finished the game shooting 40 percent (30-76 FG) and were outscored by 26 points (14-40) from the free throw line.

Next up for the Kings is the New York Knicks Monday night at 8 p.m., while the Raptors face the Boston Celtics on Tuesday at noon

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/game_recap.cfm?game=66

7. RajaB

RajaB Guest

im still happy to see our young players do a great job even thoguh we lost. especially humphries double double

8. Babe_Ruth

Do you guys think it should be a concern with Andrea fouling out both games?

9. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

It can be, but we will have to wait and see. It is something a player can work on. I hope he doesnt get into the habit of doing it, his not going to be our inside guy anyway, so i dont see why he would foul out a lot.

10. Babe_Ruth

I personally think that it wont be any trouble, unlike Araujo fouling everyone in site, this guy can score, and I think he's going to settle is little fouling trouble before the regular season starts.