• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raptors fined for Drake's comments

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11338 ... t-comments

It's not really surprising that they would get fined for this. Drake is employed by Toronto, supposed to be the ambassador of the Franchise and he reached out to Durant to join us, who's still under contract with the Thunder.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
VJ_Sportsgeek said:
you gotta take the good with the bad i guess.
As an employee of the Raptors Drake should have known better. Great idea though!

Double Dribble

At the end of the day Kevin Durant came to Toronto and Drake took advantage. It probably won't make a difference to whether or not KD ever signs with the Toronto Raptors, but truth is the city has become a distination for NBA Players to visit in the offseason.

Historically, players love coming to Toronto for certain events, especially Carribana, and Drake took advantage.

Toronto is a spot now. From KD going to Drake's OVO fest, to Lebron joining a running group along the lakeshore.

The Raptors are building a winner, a new image, a place where players will want to come and play..

25k is nothing compared to how much this franchise is accomplishing as far as a top NBA market that is finally getting recognition.

smh122

Registered Member
Double Dribble said:
but truth is the city has become a distination for NBA Players to visit in the offseason.

There's many hot spots for players to visit..Still doesn't mean they will play there

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
willge87 said:
So the NBA was going to drop the $25,000 fine if the Raptors dropped Drake as an ambassador? No thanks, I think I'd pay the $25,000.
They're rumours that it's not true! If it is true, than the NBA looks stupid by offering such a "clause". I thought this was the NBA not kindergarten.

willge87

Registered Member
The StroShow said:
willge87 said:
So the NBA was going to drop the $25,000 fine if the Raptors dropped Drake as an ambassador? No thanks, I think I'd pay the $25,000.
They're rumours that it's not true! If it is true, than the NBA looks stupid by offering such a "clause". I thought this was the NBA not kindergarten.
Also, what would be the NBA's motivation for wanting to rid themselves of Drake?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
willge87 said:
The StroShow said:
willge87 said:
Also, what would be the NBA's motivation for wanting to rid themselves of Drake?
Maybe they rather him be employed by the Knicks or something...

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Crypticshock said:
Maybe they rather him be employed by the Knicks or something...
Knicks don't need Drake, though. He'd serve no benefits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
willge87 NBA 3
4 NBA 2
TheRealVJ NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 4