• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Raptors don't make any moves

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trade deadline as come and gone and the Raptors stayed put.

What are your thoughts on that? Do you believe it was the smart move not to mess around with chemistry? Or, do you believe they should have added at least one other player that would make them better?

Double Dribble

Not surprised that the Raps didn't do much. Masai preaches building for long term sustainability. Can't give up assists for the future or get a chance to disrupt chemistry to bring in a guy or guys for this playoff run.

The Raptors success is according to Casey and even Masai is premature based on the fact that many if the young players still need to develop, especially ROSS and Jonas.

Based on last years playoff run, they were missing two things. One was a strong defensive player and the other, a scorer. They got James Johnson and Lou to fill that.

So we'll see how they do in the playoffs. I think this offseason will be very interesting though, so mark July 1st in tour calendar.

VJ_Sportsgeek

yea smart of them not to make any deals and screw up the chemistry. If we looked at the deals made, they were all point guard centric. And Raps don't need another significant point guard, so good on them to stand pat. The market for bigs just weren't there and so Masai decided to hold. THOUGH, I did feel as though Raps should have been involved in that 4-way deal with Milwaukee. I would have liked to see them snatch up Miles Plumlee and Tyler Ennis in that deal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't you guys believe that they could have used a guy like Kanter to be a back-up to Jonas Valanciunas?