• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rap and Hip-Hop!

Abkhaz

Registered Member
Hello

First, I would like to say that I think it is VERY rude to post a hate or dislike message in a thread for people that DO like that something. If you do not like or agree with the topic being discussed, be kind not to post in that thread. I do not see much point in it either. Just another reason why I hate humanity.

Anyways, who are your favorite artists?

Mine: Fat Joe is my all time favorite artist and Birdman is my second favorite rapper. I also like Pitbull, Lil' Wayne, Big Pun, Ice Cube, Fabolous, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, The Notorious B.I.G., Baby Boy Da Prince, Bow Wow, Rich Boy, Chingy, Jadakiss, D-Block, DJ Khaled, Lupe Fiasco, Nelly, and Platinum Black.

Next, what is your favorite genre of rap/hip-hop?

Mine: I like Southern, Latin, and East Coast the most. I don't really like West Coast.

DMAC

Registered Member
I like Big B. He is a rapper from Vegas check out some of his videos on youtube... if I was about 50lbs lighter and had more tattoos we'd look almost identical. I also like T.I., some of Snoop Doggs stuff, Three 6 Mafia, Colt Ford (Redneck Rapper) and Lil Wayne is good too.

kajinpl

Registered Member
I'm a hip hop fan myself, but I'm not into all the commercially supported stuff. Hip hop is what I grew up on and I learned to love a lot of genre of music afterwards. I'm not putting salt on all of the new guys careers, but my problem is when some of them pretty much spit on those who came before. People like Soulja Boy is a prime example.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Abkhaz said:
Mine: Fat Joe is my all time favorite artist and Birdman is my second favorite rapper. I also like Pitbull, Lil' Wayne, Big Pun, Ice Cube, Fabolous, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, The Notorious B.I.G., Baby Boy Da Prince, Bow Wow, Rich Boy, Chingy, Jadakiss, D-Block, DJ Khaled, Lupe Fiasco, Nelly, and Platinum Black.
No 2Pac, Jay-Z, Eminem?

I listen to a lot of artists from back then and more current artists especially Eminem. Unfortunately most of the new stuff that comes out now is crap and the same ol' shit with no feel to it.

Last edited:

Abkhaz

Registered Member
No 2Pac, Jay-Z, Eminem?

I listen to a lot of artists from back then and more current artists especially Eminem. Unfortunately most of the new stuff that comes out now is crap and the same ol' shit with no feel to it.
Nope. I don't listen to 2Pac, Jay-z, or Eminem. I find that once a rapper hits too high in commercial success, the quality of his songs falls.

I don't like the old rap and I don't like west coast rap very much. Only a few songs from west coast rap and the old rap do I actually listen to. I listen to the new guys, like Lil' Wayne, more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, but can you please tell me why you think Tupac fell after he got commercial success. Tupac is one of the greatest rappers of all time, and when he hit commercial success, he didn't start to fall one bit, he only got better.

Now replying to the thread, I'm not a huge fan of rap, but here's a few rappers I dont mind:

Tupac
Three Six Mafia
Lil Wayne
T.I

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Syndicate

Chirp Chirp
What, what is this? You young people and your beebops, hippity hops and two pocs! Why in my day, we all dressed formally in evening wear, gathered around the LP player and gracefully danced the night away to orchestral bliss. You could leave your back door open, kids respected their elders. They were different times, different times..

No but seriously, I went through a rap phase many years ago that pretty much consisted of Tupac, Eminem, Jay-Z, Snoop and Dre on loop. Was I a true rap fan? Probably not, but I did enjoy their music. At least, for most part, it had some meaning (and some catchy backing!). I've since commited high treason and gone elsewhere but put 2Pac - Changes on and I'll still get funky. I'm still aware of most of the people mentioned here too. :)

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'm not huge into rap but there are a few artists that i do really like:

Black Sheep
Jurassic 5
Buck 65
Hilltop Hoods
Will Smith (first music i liked, when i was like 7. can't leave him out! :p)
Abdominal
Insane Clown Posse

Also i saw Jay-Z live last month, wouldn't listen to his music at all but he did put on one hell of a show!

padd

Registered Member
Me I don't like any of that poetic justice that rappers of the 90's like 2pac will rap about. Why? That rap is about lyrics and cultural freedom and doesnt all have a really good beat. Personally I'm white and and I can't relate to most thing those rappers would sing about in their songs, I like to listen to music that sounds good.. I rarley pay attention to lyrics. and we all know T.I and Birdman and Lil Wayne make better beats than B.I.G, 2pac. So yeah I like rap, rap with a good beat. Get me drunk enough at a club and ill dance to it to.

Last edited:

kajinpl

Registered Member
Me I don't like any of that poetic justice that rappers of the 90's like 2pac will rap about. Why? That rap is about lyrics and cultural freedom and doesnt all have a really good beat. Personally I'm white and and I can't relate to most thing those rappers would sing about in their songs, I like to listen to music that sounds good.. I rarley pay attention to lyrics. and we all know T.I and Birdman and Lil Wayne make better beats than B.I.G, 2pac. So yeah I like rap, rap with a good beat. Get me drunk enough at a club and ill dance to it to.
I'm not knocking all of rap songs that are specifically for the clubs, but there some decent ones and there some that are just garbage and sounds really repetitious. I mean you don't have to be the smartest hip hop artist in the world, but at least make some stuff that is creative. Quick example. What do you think of this track?

YouTube - Tech N9ne JellySickle

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Music 4
Konshentz Music 825
J Music 7
kajinpl Music 12
I Art & Creative 6