Rant: Saving seats or spots in line, etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright I'm going to rant a bit but here are a few questions for everyone. In your opinion:

1. How many seats can 1 person save fairly at any event with first come first serve seating?

2. How many spots in line can 1 person save at a movie, amusement park, shopping line (like before a big product comes out), etc?

------

For me, saving seats is annoying. I hate doing it and will usually only save 2-3 per 1 person you have with you (depending on how fast the others are coming). At least with saving seats people know which seats are saved and they don't sit there. With spots in line I feel much differently however...

Saving spots in line is COMPLTELY different. I don't think this is fair at all and here's why. Say for example you are waiting in line to buy a new video game console coming out at 8:00am the next morning. The store says there will only be 20 available. You are #19 or 20 in line so you think you are good. Well the next morning the chief in the #1 spot lets 5 friends cut in line at 7:45am. That puts you and several other people out of the first 20. You waited, they didn't. I think saving spots in line should NEVER be allowed unless all of the people were there from the beginning. (Saving while somebody goes and grabs food or goes to the bathroom is totally different and is fine by me).

There was a thing on the news back when the iPhone came out where there were a ton of people in line all night long. Well this lady goes up to the guy who is #1 in line and buys his spot for $800. A sweet deal for him for sure. Well she then goes in and says since she's first in line she lays down $15,000 in cash to buy ALL of the iPhones in the store. She thinks somehow being first means she is entitled to as many as she wants, totally screwing over everybody else who waited all night long. Well luckily the store said there is a 1 phone per person policy.

YouTube - Miss iPhone Piggy

That lady makes me sooo mad. Who does she think she is? Seriously, OMG. :mad:

The problem with that scenario is that she could have had a bunch of friends come with her and let them all cut in after she bought the spot. So many people would have been screwed. That is why I say one purchase per customer AND no letting people cut in line EVER. Be there from the beginning and wait with your friends or go to the back of the line.

/rant

2. martyclark15

martyclark15 Registered Member

my rule - no chinese cutting! if you dont know what that is, its when save a spot for someone but put them right behind you so it doesnt affect you but affects everyone else.

3. Mirage

Well even if they go behind you it effects everybody else. Especially if you are saving spots PLURAL, which I 100% disagree with in line.

4. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

ok im gonna come across as ignorant here. lol

i hate it when people cut infront of me, but i have alot of friends who will happily let me jump in line with them. why pass up the offer?

so yeah, i hate it when i get cut infront of, but i cut others too

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'll say 1. More than 1 is just too many, in my opinion. Ok, I get it, you want to save a space for your friend. If you have friends coming, then you can go wait for them somewhere else while I take this seat. Thank you.

Again, 1. I don't mind it if you're saving a space for one person, but once you go start adding more I'll get annoyed.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think anything more than one or two seats is rude. One time I sat down anyway.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

LOL - I always wanted to do that, but never had the guts. What did the person say when you did?

8. Mirage

LOL probably nothing I'd guess. Most people don't like confrontations. (Seen Fight Club?) Although seriously that would be awkward.. I mean you have to sit right next to the person for the entire movie, and probably some of their friends too (minus at least 1 ;)).

9. Feli_1988

Feli_1988 Registered Member

I don't agree with saving spots or seats at all. First come, first served. Not "first come and save a few".

10. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Hahaha, that bitch got OWNED!

Im fine with saving one or two seats at the theater. I mean, what if you have to take a leak? But that stupid bitch in the video was way OUT OF LINE!!! (HAHAHAH, BEST PUN EVER!!!!)

Side note...if you were going to spend 16 thousand dollars on an investment, wouldnt you research it? I mean...she was going to buy like...a gazillion iphones...why would she not have been researching them night and day for a year before hand? Idiotic bitch.