Rant on Boss

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Boredie, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

So what is your boss like?
    Mine's a Messy Perfectionist. The worst combination you can have as any person.
    He expects everything to be spic and span, relies on me for EVERYTHING and when something doesn't go his way, he tells me to find a way. And when I tell him (after research) that it can't be done (true, it doesn't happen often) he's so disappointed and asks me again if I'm sure there's no other way to do it.

We have protocols on managing the office. One of them is how to update contacts. He updated them differently when he was abroad. When we discussed this he said, we need to edit the protocol for situations when I'm abroad.

We discuss many things to do with what I/he need/s to do, a day later he wouldn't remember what we agreed on.
    I have to remind him.

I hate this dependency on me, grrr.
    Yeah, I know this is the wrong job for me, but whoever said you get to enjoy your job that you never planned on having?

Anyone else want to rant?

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I used to have a boss that is so disorganised and another boss who's overorganised. I think I preferred the latter because I do like the sense of organisation - it's just the feeling of having to be perfect that makes it icky.

You should link this thread to Jeanie and Knappy, haha.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I just now found this.

My lovely boss...Most of the time we can get along, but here lately he has been a huge asshole. He practically demands that I be superwoman and perform miracles. Dude, if I could do that, you wouldn't even know me. He makes mistakes and he blames them on me, and makes snide comments about my work...when it wasn't even my fault in the first place. I'm constantly having to redo things all the time because he's a jackass and can't make up his mind.

He is a huge geek, and laughs at his own jokes...that aren't funny. I refuse to laugh at the stupidity and just stare at him with a blank look on my face when he does that. Sometimes when he's sitting at his desk, he will randomly laugh really loud....like he wants someone to come over and talk to him and find out what is so funny. I don't give him the attention. I don't want to encourage his bizarre behavior.

Boredie likes this.
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

You don't even want to get me started.

My boss is a complete control freak. If he could, he would do everything himself just to make sure it got done the way he wanted it. Problem is, he's not really smart enough or capable of doing things the way they need to be done.

I hardly have any job responsibilities, and I don't always know what's expected of me, because he's such a control freak. Pretty much I do whatever he asks me to, so that varies from day to day. If he forgets to ask me to do something and it doesn't get done, of course it's my fault.

Also, he's a menace when it comes to computers. He should be banned from ever using Microsoft Word. He knows nothing of proper or appropriate punctuation, grammar, or spelling. Frankly I'm amazed that he's been able to stay in business as long as he has.

Boredie likes this.
  5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

My current boss is OK at times but other times he can be a complete dickhead. He helps me when I need it but he can be quite negative at the worst times. Also, he never burps quietly.. He has to do it really loud for the whole office to hear.

6. Boredie

My boss is similar, except that he just doesn't remember what he decided on in the first place.

Sounds the same. The only difference is that he can do everything himself, he just can't - cause he's the boss.

Reps for you girls (when I can)... :)

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

My boss just barged into my little cubicle office and started rifling through my overhead cabinets. wtc? I might have packages of tampons or something in there. If you're looking for something, then ask.

Funny thing is, he barged in here a 2nd time just a few minutes ago, and I had locked all the cabinets after he had left the first time. I think he got the message.

Boredie and Millz like this.
  8. Boredie

Good for you, show him who's the boss :D

9. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I think I would hide an industrial size box of tampons in there now. Just to give him a what-for.

10. c0cktailFuri0s

c0cktailFuri0s Registered Member

Okay...try having a boss that the ENTIRE office knows he has some sort of disorder. He is manic one moment, yelling, screaming and telling everyone they are the ones that are causing him to lose his temper. The next minute he is laughing hysterically and walking around the office telling jokes. Honestly, I've never see this sort of behavior before in any workplace. I love my job, but I really dread coming in to work when he is here.